Anybody can help me to put this birds feathers rig on my wing ?

I started to learn rigging just recently so a lot of things still hard to digest. I found this very hard and complex but very cool rig of birds wing in internet and it works perfectly till its untouched. But once i am trying to remake it a little bit to match numbers of my wing feathers (30) its not working. I remade it from scratch to match size of the wing but it seems like this feathers (each one has track to constrain) refusing to track to…or maybe i making mistakes with axis…i dont know… Anybody can take a look and help me. There is 2 layers. First one has my wing model (NOT parented yet with automatic weights) and my modified rig and second has rig from internet which is working fine.

Here is a blend file -

since all the feathers are separate why not parent each to an individual bone?

And I’m not sure what behaviour is expected from the wing

@kwikker

I tried your idea and parented every feather to its own bone and it doesnt work. when i rotate the wing all of them separating and not sticking to the main mesh and main armature. Maybe it will work somehow but there is other steps i have to do to get it work and not just parent each feather to each bone. I got it work with parenting with automatic weights but i am struggling now with weight painting ( already done a lot but still some problems). when i rotate the wing feathers behaving weirdly - rotating around its own axis and some of them are going through the mesh a bit still even after weight painting. Obviously i am doing something wrong because i just started to learn rigging. Here is new blend file with major improvements -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cgrj1mwjzvwqrc/owlthe%20BEST%20rig.blend?dl=0

(but still some problems). If you can tell me or help me with that. Please.

And yea wing should be able to rotate up and down (like when the bird usual fly) and also then wing should fold behing the bird back like on this photo).

And here is my owl model. I want then to get it work on this whole mesh - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqo5qiz2zylwejb/owl29.blend?dl=0

don’t know what to tell you man

but I think you’re definitely making this more complex than it is.

Usually with any type of rig it’s helpful to have a ‘mechanical’ equivalent so

We’re after all basically creating robots.
And the files are really large. 2mb would be natural