anyone into trading card games?

Sorry to be taking this off-topic, but c’mon! Pikachu can’t possibly be straight!! Just look at him. He’s cute, cuddly, has a high pitched voice, and is in touch with his fealings. :P[/quote]

My cat’s name is Pikachu. :-?

I have the same opinion. I remember when we had something called Pogs:

and kids used to exchange them. They had the advantage of having slots in the side so you could build things out of them. Ultimately they are just kids games. Kids use them to have fun, adults use them to exploit kids. No more than any other game though.

Lol.

@Alltaken: To find out what is appealing, you can look at what video games are popular. RTS games are a lot like card games.

You would have more success if you link it with a popular franchise like the Pokemon thing. Get your Star Trek pogs today:

I was going to suggest you could maybe get in on the Harry Potter thing but I should have guessed someone would have done that already:

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?q=harry+potter+trading+cards&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

What got me into magic? Lack of female companionship? Lol!
No really, I was at the comics bookstore one time and I saw every kind of people trading some mysterious cards with great art work. I thought that that was one of the best fantasy art work I have ever seen. But trading seems to me to be the game. I never had an idea how this should be played.
I heard later that it was a strategic game. I really like to play chess, so I gave it a try.

After a time a was totaly hooked. It is really about strategy and bluffing and tacticts and planning. One of the best games ever invented. We added a little flavour to the game by introducing push up ante. If you lose, that would be 20 push ups. And we played all nighters, on some occassions 48 straight hours. REALLY without sleep, or rest. Just playing.

The dark side of magic (besides rip offs in trading) are the rules debates. You could pull of some strange yet brilliant tactics in Magic, but then we could spend hours debating what really got triggered, or what abilities canceled which rules and so on.

The game is really addictive, but it is hard to enjoy it as you go along. It became more and more expensive, dumb rules were applied, too many gimmicks, too commercial. They took the magic out of magic. After a while my friends just tossed their complete sets out of the window (litteraly!), I myself donated half of what I have to whoever, and the rest lies in some boxes in the shed, hoping someday that I can earn enough money on the traders market.

In hindsight, it was a real dumb game, but I am very glad I experienced it. Still, nothing beats chess.

hehe I laughed at all the people playing Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh in the library, then I try to persuade the Magicers that I can play with one card (my beloved Mountain Goat) most of the time it didn’t work. So then I tried something else, how many cards can I nick without being noticed. It was super fun, untill they told the librarian and I got sent out