Anything more to add to this

What can I add to this especially the grass. I am trying to make a hallway you would find behind a house from my own imagination. The walls are meant to have that texture, as it really reminds me of a house from the 70s. I am mixing modern with old.
Here’s me doing some more things, that I am not sure would be good:

Don’t say that it has to be realistic only look good (Which can come from realism but not always) I hope posting at morning isn’t bad.

2 Likes

Well, there isn’t much to comment on here, as this is a very minimal scene. I am not sure exactly what you are going for, but I can tell you what I would do. Everything I will say would in fact make the scene more realistic, though it could all be done with a stylized look, so it can all be loosely interpreted.

• The grass would likely have a few other plants mixed in, especially with its long length. Maybe a few different types of grass, with different blade lengths and widths. Maybe there would be areas where the grass is replaced with patches of clover, or a few flowers poking through in some places.

• The walls would have some imperfections and dirt, especially in that kind of alley. Maybe the bottom of the wall would be slightly stained by the plants.

• Could there be other objects on the side of a house? Is this alley purely decorative, or is it used to store stuff? Maybe there would be a window on the wall, or a gutter pipe coming down the side? Maybe there are some plants growing up the wall? Is the alley nice and tidy, or is it the kind that’s ugly and cluttered? I feel answering those questions would tell you how to get a more complete scene and what direction you wish to go in.

• Is the lighting going to stay that way, or were you planning on adding sunlight? I feel like a ray of sunlight angled just right so it adds a liitle bit of light in the alley would make the scene more interesting.

The “thing,” whatever it is, “is blue,” and almost exactly the same color as the walls. Frankly, my eye is drawn to the walls. And – “what is that ‘thing?’” I can’t tell. Looks like a couple of blue rocks. The grass is fine, but what’s the point? “Why are you showing this to me?” I sincerely cannot tell.