Apply/lock hair particles after hair dynamics simulation?

I have a mesh with a hair particle system. I then enable “Hair Dynamics” and let the animation run for 20 frames. My question is, can I “apply” the position after 20 frames as a new default position? I.e. something similar to the “Apply” button for a cloth modifier. TIA

somewhere is an ‘apply physics’ button. I think it is over on the tool shelf. I think it will work, just remember to remove the cloth modifier, or whatever settings are enabling the physics, or it will just restart from that position. I think it will work for hair, but don’t quote me on that.

Are you talking about the “Apply Transformation” button in the physics tab under the tool shelf? That’s the only one I could find that’s similar to what you describe. Unfortunately it doesn’t work.

I also can’t figure this out. It’s a pretty huge feature to simply not be there. Any else have any ideas? Thanks!

I just ran into the same problem. How to apply physics to the hair, and still be able to enter particle edit to finish grooming?

So has Blender changed since last answer on this thread? I’m also trying to figure out how I could use dynamics to model hair and then start detail editing from there.

Hello fellow Blenderites. Unfortunatly unlike the cloth simulation there’s no way to apply particle hair simulation. The closes thing to that would be running your simulation & then converting the particles into a mesh. I’ve been hoping that they’d change this even going as far as to suggest it on Blender Today & other Youtube channels. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for 2.8. Peace.

I wrote a python script, but is not working in 2.8.
I can get the hair strands points… blender don’t refresh it!

Any updates on this query with 2.8 or 2.9? I am using 2.83 and still can’t find anywhere to save the hair particles after simulation. Seems like an obvious feature for physics sims and is available for cloth…