Applying all modifiers at once / applying material to several objects - how?

I tried applying material to several selected objects at once, but only last selected object got material applied. Is there any way to apply material to all selected objects at once?

Also wondering if there is a way to apply entire modifier stack to an active/selected object(s) at once?

Thanks.

Apply to one object then with that being the active object link to other selected objects (Ctrl+L)
or enable Copy Attributes addon that comes with the blender install http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/Copy_Attributes_Menu. with this you can copy selected modifiers rather than all of them

Hi

There is also Sculpt tools… http://blenderaddonlist.blogspot.dk/2013/11/addon-sculpt-tools-ui.html

Apply all selected objects with one click + Other very cool tools

Tai

Ctrl + L worked when I need to have same materials/modifier stack, thanks. However, it doesn’t apply modifiers on all objects (applying as in hitting Apply button, not adding modifier).

Any ideas about that (except making an add-on)? Thanks.

Thanks! That works!

I see there is an add-on Material Utils (sounds like a default add-on) which suppose to assign material to all selected objects using Spacebar menu. It sorta works, but it applies orphan material to all objects (it’s not used anywhere). Any idea how that add-on suppose to work ? Thanks.

You can apply modifier stacks for several selected objects using not obvious Alt-C -> Convert to Mesh. As it was told already, linking materials (or modifiers) to selection is quite fast to do.

2 Likes

Non-obvious is the keyword here, and it still seems to be the case 5 years later, but it works. :slight_smile:

What if you have two different types of modifiers on your selected objects and only want to apply one of them?

1 Like

I, too, am searching for an answer to this.

A buddy of mine is trying to script something for me by updating and changing the code from the Display Tools addon. It’s only for 2.79 so firstly he’s updating it to 2.8, and, at my request, is looking into seeing if there’s a way that applying specific modifiers to multiple objects at once is doable. Let’s hope so!

if you want to apply multiple modifiers at once press:

(Ctrl-a) and then select, (visuele geometry to mesh)

2 Likes

you’re a genious, thank you!