Apricot GE Development Frustration

Rock on snailrose… diola lle, diola lle mellon(amin), lle naa aratoamin en GE…

I really love the way the BGE works (when it works). So Blender will be used only as a modelling (&UVs) tool (you could use any GE if that’s the case) or is it going to be some kind of interaction-coop between Blender and CS? With the BGS (as is) I enjoy the fact that I can easily create a simple game without a single line of code.

Please, don’t throw GameBlender out of your minds! It’s a wonderful tool, and there are efforts to keep it alive.

Snailrose does great job in integrating Ogre into current GE. That will preserve current investment into GE API and upgrade GE into higher level.
I’m working on my ODYS engine built on Ogre, and I plan to completely support GameBlender’s logic bricks and Python API. I talked to Snailrose recently and I’m prepared to combine our efforts, where it’s possible.

So don’t gave up on GameBlender, it’s not dead yet.

Dont worry ashsid, i certainly havent given up on gameblender. Its very good news to hear that you and snailrose might be joining forces. Thats some promising news.:cool:

Keep up the good work

That’s gr8 news! BGE needs YOU!:spin:

AS long as it exists, I will be using the game blender too, very easy to use, and quite powerful for some things :slight_smile:

Like that one guy in Monty Python, “I’m not quite dead”:stuck_out_tongue:

You and Snailrose should combine your efforts if possible, if we could have two people working on a new OGRE based engine that supports all logic bricks and python functions then I’m sure we’ll not see anyone using the old rendering engine for the BGE again.

“This focused around Blender as a modeling and animation tool, Crystal Space as 3D engine and delivery platform, and some Python scriping magic to tie it all together.”

http://apricot.blender.org/

I’m sure that this game will be fun and all but Blender ALREADY is a modeling and animation tool so I see no evolution/progress here (and definitely not a single chance of using the BGE or making it better).:frowning:

BTW Have you seen the latest Ogre-using game project? http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35922
CRAZY!!!

BTW Have you seen the latest Ogre-using game project? http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35922

Yes, i saw that a few days ago. Stunning graphics. :spin:

Im looking at pre-ordering the apricot DVD, its just been announced that pre-orders are available now on blendernation. It comes with all the .blends and back up files of course, and i think thats one of the most valuable things for the GE community. Anyone else looking at pre ordering? (Unless you alread have)

gr8! - there are all sorts of improvements to Blenders modeling, texturing, and animating workflow that can be done - and Brecht, ideasman, and Ton will all be coding improvements during that time for Blender - so probably you can expect to see a similar rate of feature development for Blender during Apricot as we have seen occur during Peach.

LetterRip

Improvements to Blender: YES (really welcome). Improvements to BGE: NO. That’s what I’m trying to say. The Apricot movie project will help Blender evolve but the Apricot game project… well, let’s hope for the best.
@AD-Edge: I’ve ordered the Apricot movie DVD (mainly for the included files and to support the whole thing; furry toon animals ain’t my thing…)

I’ve ordered the Apricot movie DVD (mainly for the included files and to support the whole thing; furry toon animals ain’t my thing…)

Im not much into the furry animals either, but its still going to rock! And the support files are one of the main reasons why I’d like the DVD to. I’ll order a copy soon, and i reckon ill order a second copy for one of my blenderhead friends cause their birthdays coming up soon.

Id say my frustration with Apricot has been entirely resolved. I’m really looking forward to seeing how it goes and how its going to effect Blender. :smiley:

pleas discuss about Apricot project in this forum, i put some info in the first post :rolleyes:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111446