Arch023-Mix-n-Match

Very nice. The light, glow, furniture, textures etc. I hope you wont mind if I ask you a few questions? If so let me ask you. I was wondering how do you get glow effect around white framed window without much blowing out highlights? It is gently natural glow.
The other thing I would like to ask if you use any specific settings on the texture roughness map, specular and sheen settings on Principle BSDF so far? It looks like textures reflect a lot of light.
…and last but not least what kind of texture settings do you use for the white walls, anything specific?

Again, very inviting archviz. Bravo!

1 Like

Thanks for your comment neb

The Glow is achieved with the Glare node with low settings in Compositing, that’s all but I also add extra brightness in the world settings only visible to the camera.

I don’t usually do anything special for the walls unless it’s a closeup and then I might add a roughness map with subtle imperfections.

In the materials in many cases on shiny objects I will add an RGB node to the Specular channel this has the effect of ‘tightening’ up the Gloss and in my opinion gives a more realistic look.

Also I always place Area Lights maybe 10w or higher (depends on your scene) outside the windows set around 7500 blackbody to balance the colour of the overall lighting…Play around with the temperature of the Area lights to give a more natural colour or White Balance to your scene.

Hope this helps…

4 Likes

Hey SBTLINK,

Thanks for taking time and effort replying to my reply.

Seems all clear to me to be honest. One thing I would like you to clarify that is about Area Lights. How big and where you place them about outside the windows?

1 Like

I make the Area light slightly larger than the window and place it outside just a few inches away, don’t worry about accuracy so much, it makes little difference.
For example, unlike portals which I don’t really use too often, you don’t need to be so accurate at placing them, so if I have 3 windows on one wall I would just make one large Area light to cover the 3 windows and increase its power to suit.

Use these lights to control your white balance,so if your interior looks too ‘warm’ decrease the Blackbody temperature…if too ‘cold’ then increase it.

1 Like

what things are you using in pbr?
Mostly in my case i use base color, roughness, and normal map.
are you adding other things in you texture excluding aforementioned. and do you use displacement map in most of the time

Thanks! Very informative. Good luck with your projects.

1 Like

No problem, thankyou :smiley:

If it’s a fair distance from the camera then just the colour map will do, this also helps to save on memory but otherwise just standard colour, roughness and usually bump map but also I will use a RGB node in the Specular slot.

1 Like

Incredible abuse of the medium! The density is really lovely here, and it is wonderful to see someone so fearless.

Keep going.

1 Like

Thankyou troy_s :smiley: