Arch023-Mix-n-Match

Had GPU memory issues while working on this so was quite a painful process.

82 Likes

Looks very realistic. Is it Cycles or Octane? And what GPU issues?

1 Like

Hey Nick, this is rendered with Cycles.

The issues are a little odd for example I can render an image with no problems then I might go away for a while…do something else, come back and try render the same image and it tells me I’m out of GPU memory, this is without adding to the scene in any way that would effect its size.

1 Like

your render looks very impressive can you tell me about lightning how you have placed them.

2 Likes

Hi Brand_Serie, thanks for your comment.

There is only a Nishita sky for the main lighting and a low value area light placed at the double doors as it was a little dark in that area… that’s all, very simple.

1 Like

I have the same problem with only 8 Gb VRAM on my RTX 3060 TI. It helps if you close Blender to clear all VRAM and then open again. It seems that Blender keeps some info in VRAM if you work with a file for long time. Especially when you compile shaders in “preview mode” it takes a lot of VRAM and Blender keeps it in VRAM until you close it.

Rendering in small tiles (256x256 px) also helps to reduce VRAM usage a little.

Yea thanks Nick, figured out about closing and re-opening Blender to clear the memory but didn’t know about the smaller tile size though, will try that.

I think there is something else going on though, maybe it’s Blender but the scene was rendering ok for a while then I started having problems so I simplified the scene, lowered texture resolution and applied camera cull on every object but still having issues so not really sure what’s going on.

are you using any denoiser? If yes which one so you use?

Nishita sky in what strength value?, and also did you do extra additional compositing or color adjustments?, Also what is your color settings filmic perhaps?

Yes I’m using the Open Image Denoiser on default settings with 4000 samples.

3 Likes

It’s default Nishita sky, I rarely feel the need to alter it from default.
Outside of Blender where I might add slight Sharpen and Glare I don’t really apply Post Processing other than maybe a little Exposure, Black level and contrast in Gimp.

Just keep it simple.

4 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Archi-Renders often are boring for me… but this ones are… nice :wink:… also the info about light… ( almost ever the problem why my simple trials end ugly… :sweat_smile: ).
What i espcially like here: there seems to live someone… other render are kind of dead… if you know what i mean…

Thanks Bart.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment :smiley:

Yea I know what you mean but I guess it’s a means to an end, if you wish to work in that area of 3d then lots of boring Arch viz renders are what you have to get competent at.
If these were for a client they would probably look a little less ‘lived in’.

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Cheers Bart :smiley:

1 Like

great job,

the diagonal composition and the wide lens sure sell the idea of these being photos taken while walking around the house, a somewhat natural thing to do.

1 Like

Nice work…

Thankyou :smiley: