Archipack 1.3.8 - 18.04.2018

@Alain
Yes it is, take a look at archipack wiki and preset system

Thank you so much @stephen_leger.
Have you Patreon account?

Is it possible to do windows like this and how?

Attachments

Hi wilsimar,
Should you want to pay a beer, there is a Donate button in archipack wiki.

@bkjernisted

Start with an “elliptic shape”
set “#number of rows” to 2 (should be default) and adjust overall size
in row 1 set panels to 4, check “fixed” for first and last one, then adjust the height
in row 2 set panels to 4 and ckeck “fixed” for each one

Unfortunately there is no support for the window divisions, so you may have to do it by hand.

Thank you stephen. Have a great day.

@stephen_leger where is “elliptic shape” option in the addon?

@atekdigital
Either choose an elliptic window from preset, eg “120 x 110 flat 2 elliptic”
or with a window selected, in the “N” panel under widow -> Shape select “Top elliptic”

I guess you missunderstood me wrong.
I mean creating my own Geometry of Windows or Fences (similar to Railcone), not just changing the Parameters of the Geometry you have predefined in your Addon.

Kind regards
Alain

@Alain:
Ok, then short answer is not yet.

Long answer is:
Fences allready allow user defined post and sub objects. Still have to take a look at user defined profiles.

Allowing custom Windows / Doors - while preserving the ability to adapt model size and hole to wall depth may be a bit tricky. But nothing impossible here, possibly using vertex groups in order to define “sub parts” for custom models.

This is one of the best blender addons ever created. Good job!

@pildanovak
Thank you !
You may be interrested in pygeos (will be released soon as submodule of archipack), wich is a pure python shapely replacement (python port of libgeos) !

I’ve seen the donate button, but I would like to do mensally payments, little payments but constant, and others may want to join in and you will have some beers each month. :slight_smile: Anyway, I will send by donate button.

Your work is fundamental to open the blender doors for archviz world. I’m a 3dsmax user and trying switch to Blender, the snap system and forestpack plugin are stoping me for now, but still learning blender and addons. Archipack, piemenueditor, sverchok, animation nodes, plus some many others tools and blender workflow are wonderfull. thank you so much.

Hi,
I am trying out the addon and my question is if I can “identify” existing geometry (mesh/object) as walls. I often model walls first with dxf import from plans, or in other existing projects walls were already made without archipack.
If walls can be set after their initial creation as generic meshes, besides the obvious characteristic of a wall having two opposing planes, should it be closed solid with extra planes at top, bottom and sides?
Thanks!
Christos

Hi csimeon,

You definitely should try the 2d to 3d tool of archipack unofficial (require shapely) or the “geos” archipack branch (RC1 without shapely dep).

This set of tools allow fast polygon detection from dxf and modelling walls / doors / windows based on selected polygons. See this video.

“Tagging” walls in order to support booleans is possible with unofficial/geos version (1.33+) but require fully closed walls with clean geometry as boolean do.
To do so, open a python console and with your wall mesh selected and active type “C.object.data.archipack_wall.add()”
Such walls dosen’t provide the same tools than regular archipack wall, but at least they are autoboolean compatibles.

Thank you Stephen,
I don’t have it working yet though. I have Blender 2.79 installed under Windows (7X64 pro)
The version that comes with it is 1.2.8 , that worked fine but if I understand you well, in order to try the 2D to 3D functions and dxf curve to wall conversions I need to install other branches of Archipack. So according to your notes above, I tried installing a version > 1.33, from github the latest is 1.3.4.
I unchecked 1.2.8 installed 1.3.4 from the zip and see both listed and unchecked under user preferences, so far so good.
However if I check the version 1.3.4 I get the message :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 331, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “d:\Users\ChristosS\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\archipack-geos_init_.py”, line 93, in <module>
from . import archipack_envi
ImportError: cannot import name ‘archipack_envi’

Even if I restart Blender and even when I run as administrator, I still get the same message and cannot go further.
Is shapely needed for geos? reading your reply above I thought not. Do I need to add other libraries or … whatever (sorry I’m not that informed to say this properly) to Python? to Blender? to C++ ? What am I missing?

Thank you for your report !

Ok fixed in geos branch, seem i forgot to remove this.

Shapely is no more needed with this branch.

I removed and downloaded again. You changed something, but I get another error:

File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 331, in enable
File “d:\Users\ChristosS\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\archipack-geos_init_.py”, line 92, in <module>
from . import archipack_io
ImportError: cannot import name ‘archipack_io’

Pushed archipack_io in the repo.
Sorry for trouble.

Still problems:

File “d:\Users\ChristosS\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\archipack-geos_init_.py”, line 94, in <module>
from . import archipack_i18n
ImportError: cannot import name ‘archipack_i18n’