Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the width manipulator handles visible in front/side view?. When placing windows and doors following a facade drawing in front/side views it is impossible to select the objects handles.

Cheers,
Juan

ok, will try.
and one more thing: having default slab placed i stretch along its x or y for needed dimensions.Otherwise i’d have to stretch dimension arrows separately. After applying Scale AP resets it to default size. Couldnt we have AP adopting changed size and updating dimensions accordingly?

Hi Juan,
Good point, should either draw 3d manipulators or draw in sceen space rather than world space.
Will add in the todo list.

2 Likes

Hi,
in order to generate slab from wall(s), take a look a this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzFXPVu8ZVo

Never ever scale archipack’s objects (move and rotate are supported), nor even try to reset rotation / scale / location or you’ll be in big troubles as soon as you change any parameter !

There is no way to detect random object’s modification and apply user interaction to internal archipack’s data model to fit such changes in a reliable fashion.
You must always use manipulators for such changes.

Hi, I’ve got a glitch that I’ve had since the 2.79 version but I’ve never seen anyone else mention. Sometimes when adjusting an Archipack object in the properties panel a white box will temporarily cover part of the 3D view. Sometimes it goes away on its own, other times I have to edit the properties of another object to make it disappear.

Hi,
This is “select box” for “select able” manipulators (square handles), as you can see square handles are in selected state (blue). As side note, when selected moving one does apply changes to all selected.
I’m aware of this issue, but still not found a reliable way to prevent such things while still allow to select many manipulators at once.
un select / re select object should fix it ?

For me it happened also when pressing Alt and mouse input setting is: emulate 3 button mouse.
Edit: Archipack 1.4 dev.

Hi Tynkatopi,

Go buy a decent mouse and a true computer :wink:

Its not that :slight_smile: I have 3 button mouse but used to navigate pressing Alt and Leftbutton (not middle)

Hi,

Can we extract curves from slabs for example?

Let me explain further. I’m making a multi stories house and using slab to make the second floor, now what I need it to create below the slab the ceiling boards and ceiling moldings and for the second floor, floor moldings.

I don’t see any option on how to do this, only under wall sub settings.

Cheers,
Juan

Hi,
Take a look at “Floors and moldings from wall” video.

Thanks, I watched earlier but the video talks about moldings from walls, but in my case I would need to get it from slabs, or at least curves from slabs.

Cheers,
Juan

Ok got it,
no there is no tool to do this directly as moldings and floors usually are around walls.

Select your slab, go into edit mode, select the top face and go into edges mode, then duplicate the edges (shift+d, then enter) and separate ( p ).
Go into object mode.
Convert the object to curve (object->convert->curve from mesh).

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, I didn’t dare to touch the elements that the add-on creates since I’m not so sure if I will break the “proceduralism”

Cheers,
Juan

Hi again :slight_smile:

I’m trying to built a custom object since I have been making my own door models objects (from manufacturers specs) over the time and now I would like to make them as a parametric object within the addon.

I have found only one youtube video on how to create this objects but honestly is not so clear, would be nice to have a very detailed step by step tutorial on how to do it properly.

Now back to topic, have my door object and there are couple of places that I would like to behave different.

For example I would like to lock the handle and lock into position but be able to change the height of the window from the bottom part. For the second one, I would like to keep the boards that are under the glass to “grow” its width proportionally when changing the width of the object but only.

Hope all this makes sense.

Cheers,
Juan

Hi,
At this time, custom objects do have some limitations, but have to find a good balance between ease of use and ability.
Typical “factory” models are fixed size with small variations (eg frame depth and so on) the custom object is able to handle properly, but allowing more complex setup without any coding is quite hard - if even possible.

Custom object’s setup rely on vertex groups to move / scale parts according changes, so you always are able to “paint” / alter group weight for some parts to define witch part move / scale when you manipulate and how much it is affected by size changes on each axis.
So given a part vertexes share the same weight, it will move only without any scale, and if the weights are not even on all vertexes, it will scale according weights.

It is somewhat limited, but still allow complex setups. And if you really need to go further there is no other way than coding another door’s generator - might keep this in mind to allow easy integration of new doors models in the future implementation of door.

I totally understand, at the end there are infinite scenarios where would be difficult to cover all of them.

Ok, now I’m really lost :).
There is no a tutorial to accomplish this? (even I could share my door object to make a tutorial)

Maybe a include / exclude object for the manipulators for Scale, Rotation and/or location.

Cheers,
Juan

Select your door.
In object’s mesh parameters select any vertex group (left / right / front / back / top)
Go into weight paint mode, you’ll see and be able to paint weights for the selected group.
You also are able to select some vertices in edit mode and set a weight for any vertex group for your selected verts.

1 Like

Excellent, now for future reference for other users. Blue means excluded and Red included (at least for me). Or removing the selection points for the respective selection set of an specific object.

Now the only missing thing would be to increase proportionally the boards under the glass which I failed totally to setup :frowning:

Is it possible to add the custom object as preset?