Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Thank you Stephen. These new features are most welcome and very useful. Makes for a nice Christmas present.

What about this?

There is no finishings on wall’s start and end sides, select both walls and use “Merge” feature of wall (at top of main wall parameters)

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

Great work! Archipack PRO 2.2.x is improving days after days!

FRENCH

Génial! Archipack PRO 2.2.x s’améliore de jours en jours!

Does not work as expected, in neither of Base Line modes.
I mean: great feature but still needs some attention and/or amendments.
Btw. Inserting an opening /door,windows.hole/ resets wooden cladded wall to a default wall type - ie. masonry /and generates an Trace error message/

Hi Bluecd,
Draw window expect a clean wall geometry and disable finishings temporary and rebuild full geometry when done.
In your sample, you have 2 walls, merging into a single one should solve the issue in the edge.
Could you share the console log of the error occuring, i’m not able to repro here - PM ?

Re:

1. Error message after inserting an opening in abovmentioned wall type
  2. Merging wood cladded wall-modes&results: MERGE: Inside, Axis, Outside
  3. Strange is: after 2-3 trials it produces correct results …?!

Hi,
merge
Ensure both base lines are on the same side of the merged wall (blue lines).
At this time, merge add a new segment (yellow line) between closest ends so you have to remove at least one knot (red) if ends are not close enough.

Will improve this by computing intersection of both ends in next release to prevent the extra remove step - but base line side limitation will remains.

Can’t figure what’s failing from this trace. Any step by step description of actions ? mouse clicks and so on ?

Sometimes /?/ it succeeds to merge on the corner , only some minor UV mapping issues:

Btw. Couldnt we have snappable cursor? Like SKP?
Present 2.2.4 feature with A and S capabilities → when you slide along a wall, often some snappable reference point to Split or Add segment would be great ?

Hi, additionally I get some minor issue while setting up a new wall:
Assume I start new wall snapping to slab’s corner: a tiny part of wall is being drawn and I need to repeat
wall creation - as if I released mouse button prematurely…
Is this mouse related issue /relatively short click-doubleclikc mishap /? , I use Logitech Mx Master.
I ll try to make some footage of that issue.

Hi Bluecd,
Could be related to small wireless mouse disconnection leading in unwanted “release” mouse event.

Hi Stephen,
Lately I am playing a lot with Archipack, and I thought “Let’s adjust the materials in the archipack_2_matlib.blend”. But it seems when I start a new project, Archipack doesn’t use these materials. In the preferences I entered the path to the matlib.blend. Am I doing something wrong, or should it works as I thought?

Hi Peetie,
Should work like that.
Archipack seek in every .blend file in the folder (by alphabetic order) until a material with the right name is found.
Also pay attention at setting a “fake user” for new materials in the library so they are kept on file save.

1 Like

Ah thanks, Stephen .
I got it to work now. Not sure what happened, but if I start a new project, it pickes up the materials from the library now. I turned down most albedo values and a bit of desaturation on “orange” wood materials. And gave it tiny bit of variation (noise) on al kinds of factors like, roughness, HSV, bump.
After having materials done, I will dive into custom parametric objects. That sounds interesting. If succesfull, I will try to make a library.

Yes, I use a custom path for my addons, but the presets are saved in the roaming\blender foundation.…\scripts\presets folder instead of the custom save location

Hi Stephen,

thanks for the great update of archipack 2.2.4. I tried out the svg exporter and maybe there was a little new problem: I use the area and volume generator . In blenderview the result was shown top and bottom. The svg export shows it left and right. Is there anything i can adjust by myself in the settings ?

Here some example :

svg export :Grundriss Keller 07.01.2020 V1

Hi Holger,
Thank you for reporting, added “tspan” support for multi line text, will be in next release.

Hi Dimitarsp,
Should be fixed and available in next release, so if your custom script path follow blender’s convention presets must be loaded / stored in the right location. (curves profiles, objects, materials sets)

- root custom scripts folder/
   | - addons/
   | - presets/

Thanks Stephen,

I few more feature requests. Or perhaps they exist but I don’t know how to achieve them:

• windows - how can the glass be offset from the center of the frame? Perhaps there could be an option in the panel frame for offset from center
  • the terminology between width and depth of frames seems to be reversed from what I am used to. Curious what other think about this.
  • it would be good to have an option to disable the window frame - for rail windows to be able to hide the frame with an option for minimal top and bottom rail that could be booleaned out of ceiling and floor materials for a more seamless look
  • could there be an option for a custom profile for the window/panel frame
  • could there be an option to remove archipack association for an object for further modification? Sometimes, I’ve experienced customizing an object that’s linked to something else in archipack in such a way that if I adjust the other object, the one I want to customize gets reset
  • could there be an option for windows and doors for manual boolean - provide the linked bool box outside of the auto-boolean system? I’ve tried to insert doors and windows into non archipack objects - even if I convert the objects to archipack wall, the boolean fails.
  • is there an anticipation to have more builtin presets for railings, doors, and other objects? I’m curious to hear to know how much I need to build up a custom library or whether there are other presets that are in the works?
  • I would like to have multi-material walls - eg. one material up to 900mm and another from 900mm upwards. Perhaps multi width as well? Or two walls that are linked from the same curve?

A few bugs

• i’ve had an error for a internal blind for a slanted window 0.5m wide by 1.5m tall, rotated 40 degress for roof skylights. External blind comes in the correct size but the internal blind is much wider and offset in the wrong position. I can adjust the blind seperately but if i make an adjustment to the window, the blind resets to the odd dimensions and location.
  • this overlap has been bothering me for a while, between the assets browser and the viewport header image
  • The crown and base molding options from within a wall create strange results of overlapping. I suspect they are made to work with walls that complete enclose a space? Also the options are quite hidden. Could there be an option similar to blinds for windows to introduce them? E.g molding inside or molding outside.

Hi,

Is there a way to edit the Left, Right, Top, Outside and Inside manipulator after a custom object is done?

Cheers,
Juan