Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Ok,
That 2.49989 value are precision issues (not rounded)

There is no control over location of foil, it is 50% of overall frame width.

1 Like

Hi Stephen,
what is the best way to add two different textures to a wall?
On the screenshot you can see an example.
Thanks!
ArchiPack_question|690x442

Split wall in segment, override segment finish/material.

Hi Stephen, I’m using Archipack all the time now, it’s an incredible time saver for archviz, and the potential for BIM is more and more interesting.
I’m using it in Luxcore for the interiors, but found a big problem with the materials. When you delete a door, either through the ui or by hand, the standard materials it shares with other doors resets, loose all nodes. What could be causing this?
Also, unrelated to the rendering engine, when the scene becomes somewhat big, adding a door or a window to the (custom) wall crashes Blender always. Copying from existing or adding standalone and then auto boolean works.
Ah, yes, I’m on Linux.
Anyone else experiencing this issues?

Hi,
Had to provide a special delete handler to take care of Luxcore material as a pointer was left behind leading to a crash, perhaps missing something in the between so it does destroy all nodes in the shader despite it still being in use.
In 2.3.3 there is a small issue with holes using “Exact” solver for booleans, leading in slow down operations. Perhaps it also may be the source of this issue. Next release will adress this issue.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know :slight_smile:

Hello Stephen,
I build 3D building models from scratch and use Archipack to define custom walls and then add windows, doors, kitchens, etc. However 2D-to-3D has evolved a lot since I started using Archipack and I am studying the documentation to change my workflow.
Assuming I import from 2D dxf, I have gaps in the place of doors (in the instructions video there are lines, like lintel). Dxf imported looks like this:

Since I cannot detect the gap, what is the best worflow? (I could add the lines while still in 2D CAD, but I seek a solution in Blender with Archipack)

For the 2 doors on the right part, you may use “Points” tool once detected to create missing shape by selecting verts on both sides, this will create missing lines (best fit rectangle).

For the other doors as there are no vertex on one side, you must create missing parts by hand.

Once all the shapes dones, reselect them all and restart the tool using detect.

Great! it worked for the first door gap, it added the rectangle. But then when I selected a second area it sort of joined both door gaps with diagonals, creating an unwanted trapezoid, like shown below : (1, red is the first door / 2, cyan the second selection, the green arrows point to the diagonals)

I tried exiting the tool and the diagonals disappear, not a Blender mesh or curve? But then when I restart the point they are there and I cannot start from the beginning.
I tried to understand in the video how you go from one door gap to the next but did not understand.

EDIT: Ok “F” creates the lines! then you start a new selection. Got it!!

And then there is a case of a door gap in the corner, that [Points] cannot detect. Like below:

I could edit the wall curve and add a segment, but I’m wondering what the [Lines] detection button does.

Lines is ment to extract lines for eg fences.
You may edit your curve and copy the left segment, then snap over the right wall and use point tool again.

Yes, that works fine, ty. It is a wonderful productivity tool. I had it for so long, but built a bad habit, not using the original 2D tool.
When I have a 2D CAD source, I am now convinced this is the way to go.
I still start from building solids directly in Blender when doing conceptual work (massing) and then progressing inside Blender, without CAD underlay.

1. How do I add a wall segment before the first? (The add arrows are at the end of each segment, not at the first point of a segment). I can add a point in the first section breaking it in two then move the first point to where I want and the new point where the first was. More direct way?
  2. How do I move the reference point where I would like it to be? Watching a video of yours I found I can duplicate, move the duplicate and merge. Seems to be around about way. The buttons for 3d move and 2d move are undocumented and don’t seem to do this job.

If you are in 2d, you are able to move using “parent only” option of regular move operator, then use the “set 2d” button so archipack store the new location as 2d one.

Can we have a way to adjust constraints for stairs? The stair tool becomes almost unusable for situations where you absolutely need to constrain the threads and risers to specific dimensions.

Hi Dada_universe,
You may adjust going size, the stair tool rely on overall height and minimum going length to pick the best possible value for the rise, so they remains in a “confortable” area.

@stephen_leger, this works in a number of cases, but gets problematic in others for the following reasons:

1. The ‘comfortable’ interpolation between the overall height and the minimum going length often comes up with clearly uncomfortable riser heights, for example, I put in going length of 310mm and overall height of 9.2m and I’m getting riser height of 232mm which really won’t be comfortable. So I typically have to slide the going length back and forth till I find the closest recommendation I can live with, this leaves the user not feeling in control of the design of the stairs.
  2. Sometimes, like with what I’m currently working on, you really want to work with set dimensions for the going and for the risers, for different reasons.

I understand that not all parameters for parametric stairs will be adjustable, but the user doesn’t have a lot of control when only the going can be fixed. I’ve had to build the stairs in this case using array modifiers, but of course that means I’ve lost access to the other parametric features of the Archipack stair tool which I like. There are some nifty features in the Archimesh stair tool as well. It’s amazing there aren’t too many Blender add-ons for creating and editing parametric stairs, with Archipack already leading in that regard.

Just something to keep in mind for when next the stair tool gets some love.

Stephen is there a section in the documentation about “Add 2d Objects”: Multi Dimension, Layout, Section, Section cam, Area/Volume ?
I can’t find it in the User Manual contents or by search.
What am I missing?

You can find everything here
Section, area/volume, dimension and layout
2d export video

Camera section (2.79 but still apply)
Camera section video

ok thanks. Just to make it clear, it is not in not in the written documentation, user guide?