Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Full fledged .ifc export rely on a recent version of blenderbim add-on

Error like
AttributeError: ‘Object’ object has no attribute ‘BIMObjectProperties’
means that blenderbim addon is not installed / enabled.

1 Like

i
Seeking for a way to change the material above the window / door elements as shown, without creating a separate segment or object just for that purpose. Seeing changes in edit mode don’t persist in Archipack (otherwise I would have just used the knife tool in edit mode to define the area and then assign the new material to the new face created), I thought to use Archipack finishes.

I used the segment override option to keep the finish on the segment where the door opening is located but I’ve found no way to size the finish to just the width of the door opening. It looks like this should be doable, since the height and altitude can be adjusted. Any tips on how to achieve this? Or if not, perhaps this can be a feature request?

At this time, horizontal changes are only possible by adding a new straight segment, maybe using “A” while manipulating to create the segment at door side, and then assign new finishing override.

Thank you, this also works.

Ifc structure is built / cleanup dynamically at export time if missing.
So unless you have specific ifc documentation needs, multiple buildings or so, simple ifc export is only matter of “file -> export -> Industry Fondation Classes (archipack) (.ifc)”
For advanced usage of bim attribute setup, take a look at blenderbim, or ask @noidtluom directly.

1 Like

I managed to get it into Revit!

Cheers Stephen

1 Like

Hello @stephen_leger, please I have some questions (again! :grin:)

1. Is this error a bug with Blender 2.9? I seem to get it when trying to export to svg:

…\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\archipack_20_init_.py", line 956, in draw
international = context.preferences.view.use_international_fonts
AttributeError: ‘PreferencesView’ object has no attribute ‘use_international_fonts’

1. What are the best practices for working with Archipack walls to avoid topology issues? Does Archipack expect all walls to be merged into one? If more than two walls touch without crossing will this cause errors? Is it more likely to have errors when working with walls of different widths? I’m getting the error below for example, while trying to export to svg. Create curve > symbol does not solve it and even if I delete the wall, the same error still returns but with the next wall, so I’m having a hard time figuring out how to fix it. :

Archipack svg export error with wall Wall.034 : topology error
Ensure walls are not crossing - use wall tools -> create curve -> Symbol

When I use wall tools -> create curve -> Symbol on the wall in question, I get this:

self.propagateSideLabels(0)
File “C:\Users\ATTITA\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\archipack_20\pygeos\geomgraph.py”, line 1822, in propagateSideLabels
self.coord
archipack_20.pygeos.shared.TopologyException: TopologyException: side location conflict left:i right:i != current:e Label:[1739671621320] A:[1739671618952] i i i B:[1739671618696] - - - at (-7.994244098663, 3.027643680573)

1. What sort of issues would you like to be raised here and which ones via the support channel? Is it okay to ask here first and then take it to the support email if it would require more than a quick response? I find a lot of previous answers here very useful and they save me the trouble of asking the same question when I have similar issues, and help me understand Archipack better, but I understand that some issues are better for email support.

2. Wondering about having a compilation of Archipack tips and tricks, maybe as a separate thread here or a wiki elsewhere. There are lots of great workflow approaches that are not captured in the documentation and could be easily missed even if mentioned in the tutorial videos which would nice to have in one place.

Many thanks.

1. This error comes from “About” panel, the name of translators depends on cyrilic and chinese chars - it’s an api breakage made in 2.83. Should not be an issue, and will be fixed in next release.

2. Wall’s must be properly snapped, but not crossing. Usually Create curve-> symbol allow to identify such kind of issues. If it does fail, use the Create curves -> molding.
    Topology analysis “Side location conflict” means that “pygeos” is not able to identify inside / outside (and find 2 different results for the same segment). By the way identified an issue in the code while working on reported error with 2d to 3d, so i’m curious to test with your file.

3. There are no strict rules for this, sometime i do ask for files when i find it useful to narrow down code / user issues through private channels, and i have nothing to hide.

4. Must find a balance in documentation, wiki / forum may gives wrong impression that users are left alone with problems they are facing with as i experimented with commercial packages. Community driven tutorials / help also may lead in wrong advice and bad practice teaching. Will reconsider this and maybe provide something like a faq. The CAD Transform experience with external collaboration for video was pretty good, as i’m definitely no more able to figure issues average user / newcomers may have with things i find obvious.

Thanks for the feedback Stephen.

I’ve taken time out to try different things, two instances of crossing walls which I’ve fixed seem to have accounted for the errors (I stopped getting the errors in #2 above afterwards), but the svg exported still has glitches like I reported a while ago. I’ve tried some other stuff like ensuring all the walls are of the same height and any other potential topology issue I could spot. Probably bad practices on my part because I didn’t get those issues with a small test project I tried. I’ve uploaded the project in question and forwarded to the support email for your perusal. The file is over 300mb in size so I had to use firefox send. I also had trouble with ifc export, please help see if that can be straightened out as well.

Your thoughts / concerns about the wiki / documentation suggestion (I’ll favour a forum over a wiki) are well understood and I’m sure you’ll find the right blend / timing. I think Archipack is stable enough now and combined with the CAD Transform tool, there is enough for a community to chew on. Perhaps an Archipack tips and tricks cartegory on the OSArch forum would serve in tandem with this thread?

Hi,
There was still 2 overlapping walls, a (hard to find) snap issue in oblique one, and crossing opening holes. In order to debug such issues, i do create “Symbol” curve from a wall, and look at obvious wrong areas.
Doors do have a default opening direction, if it is not the right one, rotate the frame from 180 deg along local z axis.
“Topology errors” are related to 2d analysis, so wall height have no impact on this.

Sent fixed file.

Thank you!

Hi Stephen,

Sorry if its a dumb question, but i do not manage to get rid of the inner wall. I only want to have the cladding in front, is this possible?

It is not possible at this time.

Oh. I see. Do you have any smart idea of hiding it? perhaps in the material or any invisibility of that sort?

Cheers
Chris

Material could be an option,
another way could be “Kill parameters” for this object in Tools tab, so it is no more seen as a wall, and then edit by hand to remove the wall’s geometry.
When killing parameters, the object no longer is editable, but if you still need automatic boolean you may turn it into Custom wall “Create -> Custom objects -> Custom wall”.

1 Like

Morning Stephen,

Do you know how i can fix this, when i try to array this window:

this happens:

Does it have to do with any reference or something or why does it move down in z -axis ?

Cheers
Chris

Hi window array expect a wall at altitude 0, will fix this behavior so it does respect wall’s altitude.

1 Like

Hi Stephen, how do i manipulate walls to accurate measurement. i use millimetre and if i need to change the dimension from default 2000 to lets say 3115, the dimension goes to 3115000. i am not able to find solution for this.

You may specify a unit when you input values, at this time, input does not take account of your default unit, will be meter by default.

wow, thank you so much

1 Like