Archipack 2.8.0 for Blender 3.+ / 4.x RELEASE

Great news !

Cooperation between architectural add-on driven by OSarch community allowed to implement MeasureIt Arch compatibility, and basic support will land in archipack 2.3.1

This is a first step to provide a more advanced way to generate 2d documentation.

Get best of both worlds, manipulable with real time update, single click to add “measured points”, global style.

11 Likes

That is fantastic news !!

:heart_eyes: :star_struck:

I need a little help. How can I draw walls in a second floor or third floor? So I used the reference settings and made a copy of the perimeter walls to create a second floor. I want to add more walls on second floor, but the walls are always drawn on first floor and then I move them to second floor is this the process?

For multiple floors buildings, always work at 0 altitude, then use reference points to “stack” floors.
Here is the “Project structure using reference points” video as reference for this process.

Thanks Stephen, that’s exactly what I needed. After using this method of working with levels I find it is super easy. I have been doing it the hard way

Got a weird case where editing or manipulating one wall (increasing it’s length, or merging it with another wall), causes displacement of another wall (random translation or rotation applied). It happens with random walls in a project I went back to edit and it’s a real time sink / rat race chasing after these unintended errors, correcting them only for it to happen again :laughing:

No clear relationship between the walls, no parenting relationship, no shared setting in the modifier stack, both walls are in the ‘‘Walls’’ collection. Are there known situations to avoid that can cause this?

This is probably an issue with “auto synchro”. Random rotation may occur on floors when there is an opening side too close from wall vertex.
You may disable “auto synchro” feature as per wall basis to prevent this behaviour.

Thanks, this is good to know.

Hi,

Released archipack 2.3.1 today,

Highlights for this version, beside many other bugfixes.

• Bugfixes in 2d to 3d for degenerated cases of X shaped intersections of walls
  • Enhanced svg export, much safer and up to 10x faster
  • Enhanced ifc export, with optional support for 2d plan representation.
  • Bugfix crash on undo after object creation
  • Bugfix crash with luxcore when adding windows

Change logs are here

Compatibility with

Be sure to update both packages to latest version.
Note: At this time, compatible MeasureIt ARCH 0.41 may not be available, but will be soon !

6 Likes

Hi, I got an error when I try to activate 2.3.1 :frowning: :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\Owners\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\archipack_20_init_.py”, line 126, in
glob[“archipack_{}”.format(sub)] = imp.import_module(".archipack_{}".format(sub), package)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\python\lib\importlib_init_.py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “C:\Users\Owners\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\archipack_20\archipack_io_export_ifc.py”, line 2293, in
class ArchipackIfcExporter(IfcExporter):
NameError: name ‘IfcExporter’ is not defined

Thank you for reporting,
Either setup blenderbim addon or re-download (request a link by e-mail to support)

How do we get elevations out of Archipack projects? I can’t seem to find any reference to this anywhere. Sections work but only if you are cutting through geometry. Same question applies for sectional elevations…and roof plans. If it’s not being cut through it won’t appear in the section (target) object. Hopefully doing a Freestyle rendering won’t be the only way out.

Beside “Section” curves, there are “Section” cameras,

Unfortunately lines for elevations require a pretty complex process in order to analyse every single edge visibility, the most efficient way so far involve a render.

Blenderbim approach is a hybrid one - close to camera section - , where background is an image and the section region some kind of lines.

For true “line only” outputs, we must rely on freestyle method to retrieve the edges and vectorize into lines, as it is nearly impossible to create something efficient on the pure python side.

Oh that’s tough! Stuck with Freestyle then. Thanks for feedback.

We are waiting for LANPR to land in master as (way) faster alternative to freeStyle.

In the meantime, MeasureIt ARCH also may be an alternative for this in a forseeable future, but there is a lot of work to turn current code into semi automatic solution at scene level.

My concern at this point is performance, not certain we will be able to make it fast enough for everyday’s usage on “real-world” projects.

2 Likes

I wondered about MeasureIt ARCH as well. It seems to do a decent job with outlines, from what I could see when I tried it out, apart from work flow issues. If it’s any faster than Freestyle (it’s taken me 30 minutes to generate an elevation using Freestyle) then it’ll probably be worth it to have an implementation you have some measure of control over. I wouldn’t hold my breathe too much over LANPR because it’s fate depends so much on what the Blender devs decide to prioritize and how. If you are able to work out something with MeasureIt ARCH and then LANPR lands, well, we’ll have options. Just thinking of how long everyone waited for CAD like snapping in Blender, but now with the CAD Transforms add-on you can implement snapping with the exact sort of nuance required, which quite frankly, not many core blender devs will think of or understand why it’s required off the bat.

Just sharing a floor plan done with Archipak dimmensions + Freestyle

6 Likes

How did you get the door swings and the hatched walls to appear in Freestyle? Did you manually put those in after getting out the Freestyle render?

Looks pro. ));
How about efficiency/speed/learning curve? Comparing to the other software you eg. use to work with?
I mean-to produce similar result…