Architectural texturing test

Hi all.

I was buzy with an architectural project recently and the guy I work for at the moment said it had to be done in less then 8 hours… So I tried, for the first time, to put the origional drawings (from the architect) on the low detailed mesh. I’m pretty happy with the result though it needs some tweaking.

Here’s a screengrab.
-----EDIT-----
IMAGE REMOVED
-----EDIT-----

The bottom screen is the texture I used.

I’l post another image if I get the to work longer on it.

Cheers

Sander

Okay now for the fun part: Radiosity. Don’t you just love that word :).
-----EDIT-----
IMAGE REMOVED
-----EDIT-----

Here’s probebly the final version. I still need to put it into a photo (so you see where this is going to be built) but I only have one hour left :P.

Chao

that’s a crazy deadline :eek:

Anyway, great for the time limitations. On an unrelated note, I also really liked your explanation for the up and down image (from the conference for anyone that hasn’t seen it yet.)

Yes indeed a foolish deadline.

Lol, good you liked the explanation, I find it pretty hard to explain on the fly :).

Here’s one of the final images. Origionally they are much larger. Done in Photoshop.
-----EDIT-----
IMAGE REMOVED
-----EDIT-----

héhé, you dutch people came up with some weird building, Yet again. we Belgians (or the most of us) go to the netherlands, merely to watch the arcitecture. now this is a bad example since its an ugly building, but still…

slight C&C, no shadows/sun on the builing in the pictures you photoshopped. nice skill on the boats though.

Jacco;

lookin good but one thing bothers me: that texture looks too smooth, Though I don´t know what you could do with it. But you know what I mean?

I would have put a slight normal bump to the texture…I do agree too smooth…Nor would have broken it up slightly.

i like it:cool:

Thanks for the reactions. But my boss didn’t like it that I put the pictures on-line so I had to remove them. Perhaps some moderator can block or remove this topic?

I’m really sorry but I just can’t keep the images online…

Sander

PS I agree it had to have some bumpmaps, but there was no time.

well…then we can post here and tell everyone just how awesome it looked! :slight_smile: