Are drivers for Viewport Disabling supposed to be flipped by default?

I’m just trying to create a simple switch driver so I can turn on and off clothes alongside their respective masks and whatnot, but I realized the values for the driver and the Disable in Viewport toggle are somehow reversed? It’s being read as a value of “1,” which, in the drivers in the modifiers tab, means the toggle is on, meanwhile here the 1 is toggling it off.

Is this supposed to be happening? It feels like it shouldn’t be happening, but I don’t know what I could’ve possibly done to make it this way. It seems to be happening with my models, but when I checked a model I downloaded from someone else, it wasn’t happening… even though the drivers were exactly the same. I’m not sure what’s going on.

It’s fine, it’s just the way they work. Somewhere in the software, the flag is for invisibility rather than visibility, and when the checkmark for “show” is enabled, that flag is set to 0. 1 means hide, 0 means show.

Kinda like angles are degrees in your viewport, but you want to output radians from a driver. It’s just that there are some simple disconnects, that maybe should get fixed but aren’t necessarily worth the trouble.

Okay, but where do I change it then?

You don’t change it. If you want to hide them, your driver outputs 1. If you want to show them, your driver outputs 0. If your driver currently outputs “expression” that is the opposite of that, change it to 1-expression instead.