Arm Animation...no it's not an animation problem

I need to use the "Record Animation button under “Game” in BGE to record my gun movements to use for arms animation…How do I use this and where is it on blender wiki?

Original Problem:
So I have a character rig that is parented to my player. I can insert guns by using “edit object” and parenting the added gun to an empty that spawns all the guns and has different animations for “pulling out” each gun. Since the arms are parented to my character and the guns and their animations are in another layer origin point, I don’t see a good and efficient way to animate the arms…If you have any questions, I’ll be uploading an example shortly

thanks for the help

EDIT: here’s the example file; problem…how to animate the arms Prob.blend (601 KB)

I need to use the "Record Animation button under “Game” in BGE to record my gun movements to use for arms animation…How do I use this and where is it on blender wiki?
Enable it, run the game engine (P) and the movement will be recorded to keyframes http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Physics/Using_GE

Ok thanks for the help. It seems that’s not what I wanted.

I updated the post, hopefully it will make things more clear