Arriving to Techno City

This project was inspired by ‘The Incal’, a graphic novel by Jodorowsky/Moebius.
All CG done in Blender and comp in Photoshop.

I modeled everything except some small props on the train that are from some free greeble packs from ‘spacehead’ on Blend Swap and the character clothes are from Sketchfab (Hoodie by Virtual Pandora, Pants by Dubel and Boots by KIFIR).

I made a video on this project, explaining my process and answering some questions from Reddit about achieving a sense of massive scale, texturing workflow etc. You can check it out here:

Hope you like it! :slight_smile:

28 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

The raw render without the atmos really lets you see the amount of work you’ve done. No wonder you’re taking a break!! Very Incal by the way.

2 Likes

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah and to cover all the areas of the animated version, it would be a lot more haha

Thumbnail is looking superb, in full scale view it is a bit hard to read the shapes in the darker areas.
Overall a cool composition though! Well done!

Wonderfull artwork and interesting breakdown, thank you!

Thank you @Linolafett and @AlexFromaway !

1 Like

Did you model everything yourself

As mentioned in the post, I modeled everything except a few small props on the train/rooftops and the character clothes. I show in more details in the youtube video breakdown linked above :slight_smile: