ArtStation Censorship

From what I understand “ArtStation” as a company (and brand identity) wants to promote a neutral ground that connects creators and companies and the general public. Which is more or less a solid plan in terms of ecosystem.

By the time some artist decides to become occupied with the state of affairs, that is to provide salty and critical viewpoint on things (social circumstances / politics / pandemic / war). Immediately changes category, becomes a political critic, or performing political satire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_satire

Political Satire is something totally different from the real meaning of what art is. Which is not to promote the essence of the artistic value, but rather the theme and the context. This is something closer to being a political activist. I am not saying under this claims, that satire is wrong, but is a very specialized genre that has lots of risk and a little gain.

To me, this thread is w-a-y “off topic.” Did anyone, like, ask ArtStation for clarification of this obviously computer-generated message? Everyone on this thread seems to be speculating about this-or-that, but did anyone ask why some employee did that?

Heck, to me, “content type” sounds like a file format issue … But the message itself does not say, and apparently the moderator left no further comment. (If (s)he could have.) Maybe an algorithm did this. The only way to know is to ask.

3 Likes

Hanlon’s Razor, yall!

2 Likes