Asset Browser Displaying Incorrect Material on Thumbnails

Blend File:
grass_medium_01_1k.blend (1.1 MB)

Hi, I need help with the asset browser. I downloaded an asset from Poly Haven. I opened the blend file that they provided. I have an issue, when I try to make all the models as an asset. The asset browser is displaying the wrong material on the thumbnail. I know we can upload a custom thumbnail, but these assets are grass assets and It’s a lot of work to do for me if I will render each grass asset for a thumbnail. Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance! See Image below.

grass_medium_01_nor_gl_1k.exr (1.9 MB)
grass_medium_01_rough_1k.exr (879.1 KB)

Thumbnails are not generated from your current file. They’re appended in special file with camera and lighting set-up, it takes a snap and adds it as thumbnail. If you want custom images you can do that yourself. If you want that for too many objects, there are addons that automate that process

Thanks! I see now, Maybe I’ll just spend time on creating custom thumbnails. I’ll try to look for addons too.

I think I figured out the solution. I just need to click the green texture image (not the dead leaf texture image) in the shader editor to make it active and it generates the correct thumbnail images.

1 Like