Asset Creation Toolset 3.1.2 [UPDATE 26 Oct, 2020]

Latest version for 2.79 - Asset Creation Toolset 2.4.1. You can download it from github or gumroad

Direct link: https://github.com/mrven/Blender-Asset-Creation-Toolset/raw/master/Releases/Asset_Creation_Toolset_2_4_1_279.zip

Thank you.

1 Like

@mrven Hey! Recently started working on collision meshes for my project and discovered an issue. Not sure if itā€™s my doing or just isnā€™t a feature, but when I have my collision meshes and my main mesh selected, and use the ā€œAll->One FBXā€ option, it doesnā€™t center the objects at world origin anymore. Any help is appreciated!

Hi! ā€œAll->One FBXā€ never aligned the origin point to world origin.

Ahhh okay, thanks for clarifying!

UPDATE Asset Creation Toolset 3.0 (Blender 2.81 ang Higher) (3 May, 2020):

• [New] [Textures] Quick Select Texture from Active material in UV Editor
  • [New] [UI/UX] Show/Hide UI Panels via Addon Preferences
  • [New] [UI/UX] Changing Category for each Panel from Preferences
  • [New] [UV] Add UV Layer to Selected Objects with Custom Name
  • [New] [UV] Remove UV Layer from Selected Objects by UV Index
  • [New] [UV] Set Active UV Layer for Selected Objects in 3D View and Image/UV Editor by UV Index
  • [New] [Import] Custom Import Options: Import Custom Normals (FBX)/Smooth Groups (OBJ), Import Animation, Automatic Bone Orientation, Import Leaf Bones
  • [New] [Export] Combine All Meshes Option for ā€œAll ā†’ One FBXā€ Export Mode
  • [Improvement] [Export] Correct Export with Modifiers
  • [Improvement] [Export] Correct Export Linked objects (with Shared Mesh Data)
  • [Improvement] [Export] Donā€™t Applying Transforms on objects before Export
  • [Improvement] [Create Palette Texture] Automatic change render enging before and after baking
  • [Improvement] [Logic] Refactoring of Code - Unified Variables Names, Multi File Structure of Addon
  • [Improvement] [UI/UX] Improvements of UI/UX. Reorganizing UI Panels
  • [Improvement] [UI/UX] Hide ā€œUV Moverā€ Panel if current mode is not Edit Mesh
  • [Fix] [Export] Check Dir Existing for ā€œOpen Export Folderā€
  • [Fix] [Create Palette Texture] Baking creates materials with same name
  • [Fix] [Create Palette Texture] Error with automatic creating/deleting temporary material Palette_Bake
  • [Fix] [Merge Bones] Merge Bones Error if Armature has no Mesh

2 Likes

This addon is amazing, thanks for sharing this!
Iā€™m using it on a regular basis at work since Iā€™m working with Unity, it simplifies the process greatly!

Quick question: is there a way to fix orientation in Unity? All my assets end up with a -180Ā° rotation on Y axis.

Thanks! What versions of Addon and Blender, Unity? What export options You use (in Import/Export Tool Panel)?
I tested different export modes with different objects. All Fine, rotation always 0, 0, 0. ACT 3.0, Blender 2.82, Unity 2019.3

Unity 2019.2.15f1
ACT 2.6
Iā€™m exporting using your addon. Is it possible that another addon like better fbx can interfere? Or the standard blender fbx addon?

Why you use old version of ACT? Try use 3.0. If 2.6 has any bugs I will not fix that.

I tried with 3.0 and I have the same problem. Iā€™ll look into other fbx addons if they interfere.
ACT should override any existing FBX parameter from other addons if thatā€™s the case.

This is the transform option of the FBX module in Blender. I tried changing this parameter, it doesnā€™t affect ACT export.
Would be great to have the same option in ACT.

This is the transform required to maintain orientation in Unity

Also just found this page since I started to doubt the way Iā€™m using directions in Blender.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing so it seems correct on my side.

Is there a way to have a result in unity that is 1:1 from blender, without having to rotate the model in Blender or use a transform, so the addon takes care of everything somehow?

ACT Export Method use Rotating object 90 degrees on the X axis for fixing -90 X Rotation in Unity (Option 2 in the article).
The result is the same as in the article.

Provide access to the axes of change in ACT is very bad idea. Because ACT not ā€œjust change export optionsā€.

You can get object axis ā€œLike in Blenderā€ only with -90 X Rotation in Unity. Because World Axis Direction in this programs is different.

Can you send me the blend file with your object via direct messages? I check that

It seems like the problem lies somewhere else, sorry for taking your time. Iā€™ve been making tests with the same blender export in a different unity scene, and the problem definitely comes from Unity, not Blender.

Your addon is really great, it does everything right! Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience.

1 Like

@mrven
Hello ! I really appreciate your addon ! I mostly used the rename tool and origine tool, but recently had to use the export tool. Itā€™s great but iā€™d have some things to ask for ^^
Could you add an option to export only selected objects ? Also, if an object has an invalid modifier (marked red in the list) i get an error during export. Is there anyway to just ignore that modifier and keep going ?

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for review!
Addon always works ONLY with selected objects. About modifiers - I will test this case and will try fix that in the next update.

Mh thatā€™s weird. I tried to export a set of objects with a cylinder on the side but not selected, and it got exported too as a seperated fbx.

I everyday use export and didnā€™t see anything like it. Very Strange

I found the ā€œissueā€. If an object is active, but not selected, itā€™s considered as selected. Thatā€™s good to know :slight_smile: Thanks anyway

1 Like