AssetGen - Create a game asset in a single click

Hello,
for me the obj exporter works, can you try with a more recent build of Blender 2.8 and the addon ? The obj exporter didn’t worked in older builds of Blender 2.8.

Someone has made a video tutorial on how to use glTF in Unity:

You will need to download this and import it in your project: https://github.com/ousttrue/UniGLTF/releases

Yes, that was causing the error. However the latest download of AssetGen seems to have even less of the original functionality, so maybe I should leave it for a month or two until it’s more complete.

You mean the texturing part and surface details missing?
We will add a node group to help you texture your model, it’s not included in the script yet but you can download the nodes here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ScjM4mWkClVhYuTHFQVPc3RHpotW2Ln/view?usp=sharing

I have made a video, that’s much faster now, there is no ID maps and compositing and it exports a glb or glTF automatically each time the asset is generated:

Love these great tools that streamline the process of working between software. Blender is just getting better all the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, it has a great potential!
Now, I just have an issue with textures. I tried multiple times but get always a UV map glitch:

It looks like the UV is not properly read by Godot (3.1b4).
Any idea?

Hi, I think the cage size is too low, try with an higher value in Advanced Settings.

Hi,

I tried your plugin with Blender 2.80.45 (bbe5a95d05f), but i found some errors.

First a recent API change, constraint_orientation to orient_type:
https://developer.blender.org/rBc51516c3fbf9c5f379f73ca10cdce3fb4c63a017

Causing this error with Simple and Base Meshes from tools menu:

And the other problem are modifiers refusing to work on most Tools menu options.

So i did a patch to solve both errors.
modifiers.patch (79.0 KB)

Hope it helps, and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thank you a lot, I have applied your patch! :slight_smile:

Sorry for not answering earlier.

1 Like

I love this tool. I’m using it to revamp old assets. Just throw in, generate a good gradient, bevel the edges, and BOOM. Done.

1 Like

hola he estado viendo este post y es genial lo que estas haciendo.
y tengo una pregunta, este addon solo funciona con unity o puedo utilizarlo con otro software?

Just for the record a Blender addon/script it will have to be only under the GPL license or else it violates Blender license.

The only way you can license some of the code at different license like MIT will be if that code can work without Blender. But still an addon cannot be MIT licensed.

I have changed the license to GPL.

2 Likes

Like this addon very much. Most of the time I make a high res model and sculpt in Blender. Texture paint it. Convert to LOD with smooth shading. Select each low res model and set vertex/normal/sharp edges automatic then finally export as glb.

1 Like

I’ve been updating your addon via git and found some bugs.

I have this error when trying to do the Shield on Base Meshes:

Trying to do the Sword or the Axe gives another one:

The class naming convention will be enforced when they release 2.80 stable, for now it’s just a warning.

Warning: ‘ga.generate’ doesn’t contain ‘PT’ with prefix and suffix
Warning: ‘ga.advanced’ doesn’t contain ‘PT’ with prefix and suffix
Warning: ‘ga.tools’ doesn’t contain ‘PT’ with prefix and suffix

And finally, could you git ignore the pycache folder?
It gets in the way when trying to update your git repo.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thank you, I have fixed the errors and added a git ignore.

Update:

• Bugs fixed
  • The addon supports multi-meshes selected to active
  • imposter cards generation

In progress:

• More base meshes and tools

Todo:

Not working:

• Metallic map baking
  • Roughness map and AO map are baked in sRGB instead of Linear
  • AO isn’t exported in glTF because the Principled BSDF doesn’t have this slot
3 Likes

Great work, almost everything is fine, only problem is the new Polish effect

And i like what upcoming features you have planned.

1 Like

Hi again,

I updated again to the latest changes you did on git and found some problems with modifiers and some recent API change related to align view, so here’s a patch to solve them.

apichanges.patch (19.0 KB)

Hope it helps.

Hi, I have applied your patch thank you!

I have sent you a PM.

Updated the stylized texture tutorial and added a PBR slider: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/132457/how-can-i-create-a-diffuse-texture-for-stylized-models/132458?fbclid=IwAR3xnEh8oaOaT1GT6Q8RwdGsc54SEMD7nHf6Diqvcq6DKG2nGattkT-XD2w#132458

1 Like

Having those glitches when trying AssetGen. It improves when messing around with advanced settings
But still some remain. I remember back in Dark Blender models would look amazing straight out of the gate.
Any help welcome
Thanks!

Hello, can you send me your high poly by PM?

Also note that the normal map baking is bugged since several months, the issue is from Blender 2.8’s source code.

I share a side project, Godot Template Collection, a collection of templates to prototype your game faster with pre-made instances like FPS, TPS, IA, interactive elements, every scripts are minimalist and commented to allow you to edit and improve them easily, you can combine it with AssetGen to create your assets faster.