AssetLibraryTools: Free addon to speed up the creation of Blender 3.0 asset browser libraries

Hi folks, is there a batch assign thumbnail option available ? I have a client who have already all his preview ready, he just need them assign the png to the assets by name

yes, this is working of the image name is matching the object name in the scene

oh sorry I mixed up the addons.
this is working with https://github.com/Gorgious56/asset_browser_utilities/releases

3 Likes

Thanks for the link!

Hello! I used your addon for mass importing AmbientCG materials and it worked wonders! Also found possible solutions to some quirks.

I had problems importing the already downloaded metal category as materials because the metallic keywords (“metal” and “met”) coincided with the file name itself (Metal001_2K_Metalness). Only the materials with the word metal on it imported with wrong connections to the principled shader, so I temporarily deleted “met” and “metal” from the keywords list in the script. It worked normally after that. Maybe the keyword should include _Metal_ and _Met_ so it doesn’t interfere with the name itself which is usually followed with numbers Metal001.

I also tweaked node.projection_blend = 0.3 in line 96. The value of 1 was way too high. I imported all with object box projections and worked perfectly.
It would be nice to import everything with Alpha Clip set on Blend and Shadow mode, since it doesn’t have a performance hit and provides a better starting point for transparent materials.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I can import materials from another .blend file but they don’t come in as assets and therefore don’t have previews. Batch generating previews in a file that already has 120 assets regenerates all of the previews. Is there a way to batch generate previews only for the 25 new assets that lack previews?

Edit: I found it. If I use File > Append to bring the materials into the file, they retain their asset status and preview images.

Perhaps you can help me felipetorrents. https://ambientcg.com/view?id=Metal007
I’m not sure whether or not the normal map or the displacement map is supposed to be plugged in. When both are plugged in there seems to be no effect from either of them.
Actually, I have pretty much the same confusion about every material on there.

The Disp and Normal maps from Metal007 look very flat and seem to have little effect. If you push their strength too much it could bring up some jpg artifacts. I would tweak the roughness map with a color ramp to make it more prominent.

1 Like

The github says this project is not being maintained anymore. What are people using now?

dunno-- but i have a bunch that need done too – hopefully something comes up

True-Assets seems to be doing the same thing

I’m getting this error to batch files from ambientcg.com:
python: can’t open file ‘C:\Windows\System32\ALT_CC0AssetDownloader.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

C:\Windows\System32>