Attachments to posts...

It’s fantastic that we can now post jpg and png images in our posts. What would it take to be able to post .blend files?

we’ll probably evaluate that in a few months

i think it would be wonderful. i know i’m sad when i click a link to a blend in an older post and it’s not found.

Great idea. But since it haven’t happend yet and the post is pretty old I guess there won’t be .blend attachments.

If you do you might ask sh33p about his .blend host service. Like what’s a good filesize limit and what else there is to know.

So is there no way to attach .blend files here? even with size restiction.

Yes,

A size limitation would be fine, often you just need an example file.

I

Yes,

A size limitation would be fine, often you just need an example file.

I too am disappointed with all the dead links. Even within the documentation itself!

Blend files as attachment would be nice, but I would ask you, forum administrators, if it possible to increase the resolution of image attachments to 1280 pixels. The file size limit is sufficient, there are thumbnails automatically generated and the images itself are viewed on a dedicated page. Please, it change it, it would make this forum a bit better. Thank you.

maybe not blends,. but .zips, to reduce file size? also, would allow for textures and what not