Attempt at character design - Blender "Skin" modifier. While re-watching the movie “Shaolin Soccer”

Do we still say Boys band?
My starting point was From Joey Carlino’s tutorial.

Then, I struggled to try to get away from general forms: “create characters”.
Not much to say in particular: it was an exercise.
I had a little more fun with the robot and its sidekick, ready to press the button. It’s a robot that’s a little too vengeful: like any artificial intelligence that will end up respecting itself?

• Sumo takes himself for Mr. Kitano, but without malice.
  • “Cardio Cardio” because a serious man cannot admit that he has seen all of “Maison Ikkoku”.

The rest - with all due respect to the other characters - came in addition to having to occupy the space of the blank page. Let’s still be wary of the guy in a kilt… Even if it could be prejudice to note him like this.

1 Like

Thanks for exploring the possibilities of the Skin modifier! I’d mostly be using it for tree bodies (minus foliage), but you’ve here moved the goal posts! :smiley:

It was nothing. The first merit comes from the nice tutorial that I followed: just see the video poster, everything is already there. :upside_down_face:
I just learned a little and then modified as much as I could. The rest, the “personal choices”, perhaps come from I don’t know what “psyche”… It can be embarrassing to think that sometimes, more or less in spite of us, something is expressed from our little inner self. A little caution may be wise. So I don’t really understand the justification for a sumo wrestler, a Thai boxer, a Super Ego (the eye man), a robot… Well, it’s also a joke.
I will be more serious when the world… Anyway.

:o1

1 Like

Oops. Looking back at my image here, I wonder where my “subsurface scatering” went. However, I thought I had integrated one.