Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Hey guys, its been a couple years since I’ve posted here. I’d like to share something I’ve been working on for the past couple of weeks. I modelled these headphones using Fusion 360, then I rendered them in Blender 4.0 using Luxcorerender. The foam and fabric parts were made using a cloth simulation in Blender. Hope you guys like it and lemme know what you think. personally I think i went overboard in post, but I will know for next time.

18 Likes

Nice model.
You could try accentuating the difference in materials by reducing the grain on the rigid plastic parts. Right now, it looks like everything is made of the same material (in the black version).

1 Like

I agree, @picto, although I’m not sure how “creative” an actual industrial designer would be. Probably, he wouldn’t use a different fabric, although he might decide to use a little different material on the metal parts. Anyhow, it’s a really great model of “an actual thing.”

1 Like

I’m not trying to compare the photo with the render, but just to point out the difference in texture between the different materials:

1 Like

thank you for the compliment and advice. you make a fair point. I will try to make sure there is a distinction between the various materials in the next thing I model.

thank you, im glad you like it. When modelling a pre-existing product I try to be as faithful as I can bear.

great modeling and textures :smiley: congratulations :blender_logo_64_png:

1 Like

Funny you mention reference images: I actually used this as a reference:

The noise on my render definitely needs to be toned down, as the real thing is more subtle

1 Like

thank you haha, im glad you like it!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

thank you!!

1 Like