Austin Cooper S Rally

I think I set myself up for an uncomplete project with my last car the camaro 2010. Though modeling was going good the car begun to loss it appeal to me when it dawn on me just how many versions of it were currently been modeled by other Blender artists. So I searched for a new car and it came to me when I was watching a very cool old movie “The Italian Job”, the one with Sir Michael Caine not the Mark Wahlberg remake.

I dug up some history on this car and the Monte Carlo rally version of it caught my eye. So this is my new project Austin Cooper S Mini MK1 the rally version.

Attachments

epic little buggy, look forward to seeing more of this :slight_smile:

I think this type of car was released during 80’s or 90’s. Hope to see the fully detailed design of your work.

Thanks guys.
@marcecho this one came out in the mid 1960 so you are off by a decade and some.

Today’s update

Attachments

This is coming along really nicely! :smiley: i know what you mean the camaro was next on my list of cars to model but has been pushed down to the bottom which is a shame cause it is a really nice car

Looking good!

I like the tire, it looks fine. :yes:

this is what i meant in your last thread
good choice on this one
hope to see this see the light of the day

good work so far, keep going:yes:

@tcn01 thanks, I intend to finish the camaro after some months, am sure by than a new car will have popped up to grab peoples attention

@aliet and rocketking thanks

@Eris LOL I should have listened sooner:o but thanks anyways

@kellyq thanks man

I started detailing the body, I intended to put in a bit of effort into the car body, the only things I won’t model will be the various mounting holes but every thing else should be fair game

Attachments

some updates to show the work I have done on the exterior and the insides. I need to start work on the front and rear sub-frames. With that done I can finish off the undercarriage and also give the car some wheels.

Attachments

Nice car. Clean mesh too.

Looks promising.

I am almost done with the body once that is done than I will move on to the undercarriage and the interior of the car. Time to show my wires

Attachments

I’ve heard that you’re good at modelling cars, Tyrant Monkey…and it seems that it’s true :smiley: looks awesome, really curious to see the final :smiley:

ah, i see your mini… nice work indeed. nice mesh, your windows are much better built than mine.

It’s coming along nicely!
As I said before the wires; clean mesh!

Back again working on this baby after a long break, my aim is to finish all the modeling and start texturing it by the end of the month. if you look inside you will see that I have started blocking out the interior.

there are about 26 or so more parts that I need to work on my list before I can call the modeling done, I have started about half of them so I need to finish them before moving on to the other half.

I am determined to finish this so expect daily updates until the modeling part at least.

Attachments

Looking good so far.

Is it possible to love something and simultaneously hate it. You see I love Blender 2.5, I love the fact that my backgrounds can be tied to what view I am using, I love the logical layout of the interface, that my keyboard shortcuts are now customizable, I love the solidify and screw modifier and snapping has completely altered how I model cars.

But I hate the fact that I can’t bevel/ chamfer things easily, knife tool is still a mess, no inset tool and above all I hate the fact that external render engines are still caught playing catch up with the ever changing api.

So here I am juggling projects between two versions of Blender, all the modeling is been done in 2.5 and rendering in 2.49b using a stable yafaray exporter.

Today I decided to go in a different direction and play around with setting up some shaders. I think I came close with the chrome and carpaint (i am comparing this to a photo) but the glass is a total mess.