Auto-rig Pro [3.69]

@Vinnyvicious: The rigged character will be ready to be animated without the addon installed, however to use IK-FK snap functions and other things, it’s necessary to install the rig_tools.zip addon (included in the package) if the main addon is not installed. So just send the rig_tools addon to the animator or anyone who uses the rigged character.

Is that covered by the EULA?

Sure. It’s GPL compliant. More instructions here:
http://lucky3d.fr/auto-rig-pro/doc/#install

Rigged my first character with Auto-Rig Pro and it’s performing great so far - thank you for this fantastic tool!

I have a question: is there a way to create a fast controler to create a smile/frown, or move the mouth to target shapes to hit syllables? (Perhaps activating corrective shapes as well)

The addon is awesome :slight_smile:
Everything works great (also retarget is real magic !!! I tried used some addon for that already, but with more work to get list ready, but with your addon just a few clicks, thanks :slight_smile: )

Anyway I will have a few question for sure.
For now one

• after smart armature is generated (also awesome workflow and special result on fingers)
  • after “Match to Rig” (reference bones) are generated
  • I select a mesh then armature and hit “Bind” (under “Skin” tab) I get some error
    (see screen) Any reason for that?
    Binding seems to me OK (weight paint was generated).
    Only armature “rig_add” stay visible in scene and is not following “rig” armature.
    Thank you for help.

Download Blend file

Thanks for your feedback vklidu! Unfortunately the latest Blender builds are not fully compatible with the addon yet. Once Blender 2.79a will be released, the addon will be updated to the latest API. But in-between versions are not officially supported, there may be changes to come so as a developer I have to wait for the final release.
So just use the official Blender 2.79 version for now, there will be no error :confused:

OK, thanks for quick response :slight_smile:
I’m just curious what is this disfunction, because all works fine seems to me.
So probably I don’t have to be aware of this specific thing.

Simply, a function argument has been changed with the latest Blender 2.79a.

yeah i was having the same problem and just opening the file in 2.79rc and binding there solved it.

Lucky,
great addon, im working in a game with a friend, and he’s doing realistic characters and such, so i have stuff hanging from the clothes in this case a holster with a gun, a police badge and stuff like this, how would you go about getting this stuff in the rig without screwing up with it?

also the arms seem to have some twisting in the forearm area, is this just weight painting ?

also I cant seem to find the eye lids controller for blinking?

great addon, im working in a game with a friend, and he’s doing realistic characters and such, so i have stuff hanging from the clothes in this case a holster with a gun, a police badge and stuff like this, how would you go about getting this stuff in the rig without screwing up with it?

Thanks for your feedback Looch! You can add new bones for these additional props. Just parent the added bones to the current bones controllers/deformers. For a police badge however, since it’s very close the cloth surface, it may be better to assign all vertices weights of the badge to the same weights than a close vert on the shirt. This way the skinning will remain solid and should avoid self-collisions. The Copy button of the vertex weights tool is meant for this, select first all vertices that should have the same weights, then the target weight vertice, and click Copy.

About the arm twist, yes you can look for the twist vertex group, and weight paint using a Smooth brush if it’s not smooth enough.
You can also tweak the twist influence value when exporting.
The arm twist export can never be perfect though in game engines, since game engines do not support dual quaternions skinning.
Twisting a little the whole forearm + the hand can also help to give better results when animating.

About the eyelids, they must be hidden by the geometry at some point. You can look for “c_eyelid” in the outliner to select them, and enlarge their custom shapes if necessary.

Thank you Lucky for great responses, I’ll check it out and let you know how it goes

also one more question how would you go about skinning geometry eyelashes so they stick to where they should…? I have no idea where to start with those.

Hi Lucky,
When i try to export to AutoRig fbx i got this error, how to resolve it? v. 3.32

@Looch: Separate the eyelashes into a new object, then transfer the weights from the skin to the eyelashes. The method is described here, scroll down to “Clothes”:
http://lucky3d.fr/auto-rig-pro/doc/#skinning_weight

Lovely!, ill try that !

@lucky: I just downloaded v3.3.3 from Gumroad, but init_.py is still marked as 3.3.2.
Is that only description error or downloaded master consist from older files?
Thanks

Hello,

The version numbers haven’t been updated in the init file sorry. This is anyway the right version :slight_smile:

@Koti: Sorry I skipped your message, this is because there is one armature modifier in the scene that has no armature set. I’ve added a check for that, the error should be gone!

Okay, I’m REAL late to this party, but after trying to rig a Daz character with Mixamo (and failing) I am in desperate need of an auto-rigger (so desperate I was considering buying Maya LT JUST for that ability). My needs are a bit obscure – I need a rig that will import correctly into Anima – and I don’t expect anyone to go out of their way to accommodate me. But since the Mixamo rigs DO work in Anima I was hoping that I could find out if this Auto-rig thingee produces Mixamo compatible rigs.

Does anyone have an FBX export from this they could share so I could see if it works for me in Anima? Anima will actually handle a wide variety of rigs (it will remap bones) so I don’t think it’s going to be a HUGE issue, but I’d like to know before I spend the $40.

Also – how the hell does this work by the positioning of the markers I see? In Mixamo you put markers for the joints – so wrist, elbows and knees (chin and groin, too, but I think this one has those). If you don’t position those how can this work properly to see how long the limbs are? I realize you can edit the bones afterwards, but I’m looking for as auto a process as possible and it seems like this one might be just too arbitrary for my needs (if I have to spend even five minutes editing bones I’m kind of screwed, as I have to do many, many dozens of folks – all background characters, so they don’t need to be hugely accurate, but they need to be close).

Okay, my first message hasn’t been approved yet, but I assume it will be here before this one. I did find a few FBX rigs posted earlier in this thread (it’s a long thread to read :>) and tried them out in Anima. The Vincent Humanoid Mannikin works… except for the middle finger. It continues to stick out (and it’s NOT a good finger to stick out when the rest of the hand is closed).

What I really need is a rig that doesn’t have any finger bones at all – Anima doesn’t need them. I’d rather not have to use auto-rig and then each time delete the finger bones. Is it possible to turn these off? If so, and if the Vincent FBX is indicative of what Auto-rig does, I’m buying it today (or as soon as this message posts and I get an answer <g>)