Auto-rig Pro [3.69]

Hello, absolutely love the add on, you’ve saved me millions of hours of time.

I have a question, when I complete selected objects, i tick the breast bones check box.
I gives me 4 additional breast bones, i position them correctly.
I generate rig, and it gives me the bendy bones.

However no vertex groups are added, referencing those bones, nor does it automatically skin any vertexes to the breast bones.

I have copied and pasted “c_breast_01.l” into my vertex group and assigned vertices. However when I tested it in pose mode, nothing moved.

Did i miss a step?
Thank you,

Moynul

P.S For root motion in UE4, i do not move the “c_traj”? This stays in place, and UE4 will see “c_root_master.x” as the root motion bone?

Thanks again.

Hello moynzy, thanks, glad it’s useful to you!
When new bones are added to the rig, it does not bind/set vertex groups automatically afterward. It must be done manually by clicking again the Bind button (but this will reset all weights) or add the vertex group manually. Considering the breast deformation, unfortunately there has been a bug the previous version, it was necessary to toggle the checkbox two times, or you can manually select the bones and enable their “Deform” property in the bone menu of Blender.
About root motion, here is the doc that should help:
http://lucky3d.fr/auto-rig-pro/doc/ge_export_doc.html#root-motion
For Unreal, the “c_traj” bone controller must be animated, or the armature object itself.

PS: The latest corrective version 3.40v fixes the issue

I’ve been testing the 2.8 beta for a few days now. I see a few missing things, but it’s working pretty well. I haven’t dived deep into it yet. I did have a question though. Have you looked into 2.8’s Widgets yet? I was thinking of implementing them in my custom rigging but haven’t even ported my old scripts to 2.8 yet!

Gumroad 3.40 version user here. Blender 2.79. Unity 2018.2
Anybody can share workflow for export and setup fbx file for unity with ARP?
Generic export with default setting - always twist face bone.
Humanoid export work well but only if mark rig in unity like generic. But auto-bake animations has really random results - root positions depends of what bones have key on it.

@thedaemon
Not sure about the widgets you’re referring to? Jayanam is developping a widget addon however.

@sorasora
Yes there are some well known issues unfortunately such as bones twisting in certain cases. The high amount of parent/children bones exported in Generic mode may be the cause, that’s why Humanoid and Universal modes should be used by default.
As far as I’ve investigated the issue, it may be due to inaccurate matrices calculation in Blender, although the issue has been reported to the Blender dev it’s not fixed yet, and I haven’t been able to fix it 100% either.
You can try to uncheck the “Fix Fbx Bones Rotation” box at the bottom of the export parameters, and if that still does not work, try to slightly rotate the bones that are twisting in Edit Mode.
Humanoid type not working in Unity is more surprising, please send a message for support here.

Glad to announce that all features have now been ported to Blender 2.8 in the 3.41 Beta version!
The Remap tools, Game Engine exporter are ready!
http://lucky3d.fr/auto-rig-pro/doc/28_update.html

However there may be changes and bug fixes until Blender 2.8 will be officially released, so for important projects only use the 3.40 version for Blender 2.79.

11 Likes

Artell thanks for keeping this great rigging system going to 2.8! Thanks for updating Skin Selection as well, about to try out both in 2.8!

1 Like

Hello! I purchased Auto rig pro about a week ago and I have the problem in 2.8. Its definitely in the addons list and activated, but does not show up anywhere. I was thinking about the possibility of context sensitivity, but did not help, even with a bone structure and in pose mode. Whats wrong? 1000 thx for any hint!

Hello,

In Blender 2.8 the addon menus are located under the “ARP” tab, under the “View” tab in the property panel.

HI,
I waiting 2.8 :slight_smile:
Can we add 4 bones spine in 2.8 verson for match unreal skeleton ??

I’ve got a rig from 2.79 that I’m trying to update for 2.8. When I hit the big UPDATE REQUIRED button I get this:

I have added some custom bones to the rig, so I’m not sure if that would be the problem. Is this a bug, or is my rig broken? If I was to totally remake the rig from scratch, is there a way to target a new rig based on the current rig’s reference bones or anything else to help save time?

On another issue, do you have any recommendations for how to handle correcting joints like knees and elbows, and dealing with stuff like calf/thigh squish when the knee is bent a lot (such as when squatting.) I’ve been building some corrective setups based off DanPro’s tutorials, but they are difficult to integrate into the rig due to the existing tweak bones setup. Should the existing tweak bones be enough to handle these sorts of areas? If not, have you considered adding a corrective bone layer?

Thank you!

Sure, select a bone from the spine and click the Limb Options button. All limb parameters are now accessible from here.

The error means the rig hierarchy has been broken at some point, apparently the armature is no more parented to the “char_grp” empty object. To fix it you can create manually this object, and make sure to parent other rig objects to it, you can see how the rig hierarchy should be by creating a new rig and compare.

To setup corrective shape keys, it’s a manual process for now, you can check this rig tips video:

1 Like

HI,

The UE4 export in 2.79 release work fine it’ seem broken in 2.8
export blender to
UE4 with same option tick rename for UE and mannequin Axes.
this apen when you import you model in UE4 you select UE4_mannequin_Skeleton, and after your replace mesh on thirdPersonCharacter, work so well on 2.79.

Same rig same export same option on 2.8 version and 2.79![Autorig-Bug|690x438]

Thank you. I setup the collections like they are for a newly generated rig, and made sure my rig and rig_add were children of an empty named char_grp. When I hit the update button now, it does run for a bit and seems to be doing stuff, but I still get this slightly different error:

I am now able to adjust reference bones and use Match to Rig without errors, so it is an improvement.

I also found a mistake in the driver that hides the right hand IK bone/controller. It wasn’t disappearing when switching to FK because it’s driver expression was just ‘1.5’ instead of ‘1-var’. Not sure if this is related to other errors or just a bug in general.

I can confirm the bug here, working on a fix.

Ah my bad sorry, I can’t reproduce the error here, was misleaded by the “Units x100” not checked in my testing file… Are you sure this option is checked? Also the new “Allow Stretch” option should not be checked when exporting as the Mannequin. If you still can’t get it to work, please send a PM with the blend file i’ll investigate, thanks.

The error is indeed a bug, Curve objects was treated the same way as Mesh objects, which cannot work, it’s now fixed!
The second error is more suprising, I can’t confirm it. The driver value of the right hand (and left) is set to 1-var. Could you try to create a new rig a test it? Maybe something wrong happened at some point with your current rig, or the rig has been created with an old version of Auto-Rig Pro?

Yes I’m sure option is checked maybe something with bones Axis ??
not in my place this week end but i can send you a video and blend file later …
Thx.

Can you help?

Points are constantly shifting to mouse position when i`m select the next one. After that, the armature are always wrong. On image: blue - current dot, red - the position opposite the button.

After a few attempts, found that is necessary - after each installation of the marker, again select the object.