Auto-rig Pro [3.69]

@anon62435837 Hi, no there’s no such tool in Auto-Rig Pro yet. But you can basically do same thing with the constraint buttons, the X button at the right of the influence slider to drop the child, and Set Inverse to enable the constraint while maintaining the current position. However, there’s one case that is not yet covered by built-in tools: multiple parenting. For example if you need take the ball, the drop the ball, then take it back. The Set Inverse function only takes one inverse value, then it wouldn’t work, overwriting the first time value. However, I was planning to add a constraint manager tool to Auto-Rig pro, maybe somewhat similar to this addon. But not done yet.

@Thomas_Kildren The fingers orientation should be normalized by default with Z axis up, however if may fail sometimes when using the Smart feature if fingers are non conventional. In this case, click Edit Reference Bones, then roll the finger bones with Ctrl-R to change their axes orientation.

@Pinki Maybe a python cache issue, have you tried to restart Blender? You can also see here:
http://lucky3d.fr/auto-rig-pro/doc/faq.html#the-addon-doesn-t-install

1 Like

Thanks ! thanks i will try more

Thank you for your replying, implemented or not, your add-on, just the retargetting abilities alone, is many times more stable compared to even the add-ons that come along with some expensive mo-cap suits.

1 Like

I have a question: When turning the head, the eyes remain looking straight ahead. Is it possible to somehow block the eyes so that they turn after the head ? If you turn your head and do not touch your eyes, then the eyes will be white, the pupils will look inside the body

hi there! Great addon! I am having some trouble to retarget 2 autorigs pro. I have no problem when retargeting, for example, an animation from a mixamo rig, but somehow I can’t figure out how to deal with retargeting the anim between to rigs generated by the addon.

I can’t see any preset in the preset list, however I tried to build bones list, and it looks ok, I assign the root to the root bone, but when I tried to retarget the animation blender gets stuck… after ten minutes of no responding I just had to switch it off. It does like this every time.

Any suggestion please?

@Pinki The “c_eye_target.x” controller has a Child Of constraint with the head as parent by default. You can disable this constraint or add another one with another target as parent if you need.

2 Likes

@Bernardo The remap tool was primarily made to retarget animations from simple skeletons (mocap data), however it should work as well with more complex rigs, unless something unexpected happens. I would recommend to check the source > target bones matches in the list. If the animation is very lengthy (thousand of frames) it can take some time to bake though (several minutes). There may be also performance issues if there are complex modifiers, or dynamic simulations such as clothes simulation, particle simulation in your scene. If that doesn’t help you can send a support message with your file attached.

1 Like

thank you, I will try again and check the list better and see what happens.

I would have thought transferring animations between 2 rigs generated within the addon would have been the easiest thing in the world :smiley:

Hi @lucky

Can you please add a separate “Rotate Finger From Scale” option for the thumb in the Limb options panel?

In my case, I want to set the thumb to “Rot From Scale: 2” while setting the rest of the fingers to “Rot From Scale: 3”

Edit:
Or maybe just add an option for it in the drop down menu. Something like “Rot thumb from scale:2 and others from scale:3”. What do you think?

Best Regards

1 Like

I don’t know why this is happening, but the leg weight after i bind the bones with my character is being pulled with the other leg and it’s getting to be real annoying. I have watch several videos and i have not seen where it does like what i am seeing with my character. Could anybody help me fix this issue it would greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @HeLIEl22

Increase the Voxel Resolution in the Binding Settings and see if it helps. (Note, you should first set the binding method to “Voxelized”)

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\docky\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\auto_rig_pro-master\auto_rig_ge.py", line 7535, in execute
    return ARP_OT_export_fbx.execute(self, context)
  File "C:\Users\docky\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\auto_rig_pro-master\auto_rig_ge.py", line 1050, in execute
    _set_humanoid_rig(self.armature_name, self.armature_add_name, False, self)
  File "C:\Users\docky\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\auto_rig_pro-master\auto_rig_ge.py", line 4352, in _set_humanoid_rig
    b_use_deform = get_edit_bone('c_index2'+side).use_deform
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'use_deform'

Every time I try to export my character for Unity via Humanoid I get this error.
It exports okay via generic, but breaks completely if I use Humanoid. I made sure I did the ‘fix errors’ but it still gives errors. Any ideas what is going wrong??

How much do i increase, and i used the Voxel Diffuse heat skinning addon.

Take my money please! @lucky you are always improving this and giving excellent technical support. That benefits current users but you only receive income from new purchasers. You deserve to be paid for your continuing work and support. Blender Market won’t let me purchase it again. Do you have PayPal, Patreon (bet you’d get a ton of patrons), or similar?

2 Likes

I have not used the Voxel Diffuse heat skinning addon but with the built-in Voxelized engine, resolution 8 should be fine I think.

If it does not help, then you can manually clear the weight from those vertices. You need to switch to weight paint mode and use Shift + Right Click on the parts that have wrong weights, it will show the list of bones that affects that part. Select the unwanted bone and clear it’s weight.

Ok thanks a lot for the help

1 Like

@Ali-RS I’ll study that

1 Like

@HeLIEl22
Hi, yes as @Ali-RS said, if you’re using Voxel skinning then increasing the resolution should fix it, since both right and leg thighs as very close to each other, they may share the same common voxel otherwise, leading to share influences as well. Otherwise you could use the “Only Selected Vertices” toggle to bind only this area with “Heat Maps” engine, this engine doesn’t lead to this problem.

1 Like