Auto-rig Pro [3.69]

Thanks for spreading the word, that’s appreciated!

yeah definitelly a great great adition the support for UE4 if it was there in june last year i would have totally gone with it… we ended up hand rigging all the sht. =(

I am just a customer. Yes, I used it and exported to Unreal, and re targeted to the SK_Mannequin mo cap animation files successfully, with the latest version.

Wondering if there would be a way to copy bone location and roll of reference bones from older rig version to newer, since some of the old rig versions get errors when using match to rig. going in and editing each bone location to original works, but is very tedious especially working with a lot of characters at once.

There also seems to be the problem when joining a rig with other bones to the new rig that the fk controllers disappear for the arms.

On another note i was wondering if you could add the duplicate to eyes and brows.

Anyways keep up the good work, i love the rig.

Sorry for my english XP.

Just purchased the full version and I’m having a lot of problems getting 3.07f to work;

After pressing match to rig the control widget scale is messed up, the root/spine/breast widgets are huge while the rest of them are correctly sized.

The bind button is also always greyed out and unclickable. I can still forcibly parent the rig/mesh with automatic weights, not sure if that is the same as using the bind button though?

The 3.0 Github version works fine on the same mesh.

Edit: Using Blender 2.78c (also tried 2.78a, same problem)

@RickyTV

Wondering if there would be a way to copy bone location and roll of reference bones from older rig version to newer, since some of the old rig versions get errors when using match to rig. going in and editing each bone location to original works, but is very tedious especially working with a lot of characters at once.

Hey Ricky, yes you can import/export the reference bone transform using the dedicated buttons (named Import - Export).
From wich version is the armature you want to update? If it’s not too old, you can try clicking the Update Armature button wich should make it compatible.

There also seems to be the problem when joining a rig with other bones to the new rig that the fk controllers disappear for the arms

Why do you do this? I’m not sure to understand the concern. If the FK controls disappear, it means the drivers to hide/unhide them are broken, so the data path may be broken… More precisions are needed to answer it.

On another note i was wondering if you could add the duplicate to eyes and brows.

I’ll keep in mind for the next versions.

Anyways keep up the good work, i love the rig.

Thanks!

@aMars

After pressing match to rig the control widget scale is messed up, the root/spine/breast widgets are huge while the rest of them are correctly sized.

Ah that’s a problem. Can’t reproduce it here…
Does it happen when you hit the Match to Rig button to the default armature (before editing reference bones)?
Are you using a particular unit scale? Can you check with metrics 1.0?

The bind button is also always greyed out and unclickable. I can still forcibly parent the rig/mesh with automatic weights, not sure if that is the same as using the bind button though?

In the latest version the button behavior have slightly changed, it’s now selection dependant to ensure modification in scenes with multiple rigs. So you have to select the mesh then armature holding Shift and the button will be clickable.

If you parent it manually, make sure you follow these guidelines.

Same problem without editing the reference bones. I’m using metric centimeters (0.1 unit scale).

You’re right, using metric meters (1.0 unit scale) looks like it fixes the issue, I’d really prefer to be able to work in cm though as that is what Unreal 4 uses.

Ah I see, thanks that works!

Same problem without editing the reference bones. I’m using metric centimeters (0.1 unit scale).

You’re right, using metric meters (1.0 unit scale) looks like it fixes the issue, I’d really prefer to be able to work in cm though as that is what Unreal 4 uses.

The UE Units feature was meant to be clicked just before exporting the character, after the rigging, seems it causes scale issues when using during the rigging process… Ok for now try to rig the characters in the standard Blender units and switch at the end, I’ll try to fix it for the next version.

Thanks but I didn’t click the button, my scene setup is always metric centimeters (even when not using autorig pro) because I do all my UE4 static mesh modeling inside Blender.

Ah ok. Then in your character scene, can you just set the units to 1.0 instead of 0.01?

Yes, that’s what I’ll do for now

Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon :wink:

Thank you, I can’t believe those import export buttons passed over my line of sight. the other problem is nothing since I found out what I did wrong XP no biggie. Cheers :slight_smile:

Now fixed in the 3.07g version.

Awesome thank you for the fast fix! :smiley:

Encountered another issue, I’m trying to follow your

where you add an additional spine bone but this happens when I try: https://i.imgur.com/8HMWRlV.gifv

Wow thanks for the report. Looks like it’s bug fixing time…
Can’t reproduce it here though.
Does it happen when rigging all your characters? With default untouched armature?

Yeah it seems to be all meshes I try it on, I can send you the blend file if that would help.

Not needed, I’ve found it. Same problem with Blender 2.78c but not 2.78a, something must have changed in the python API. I’m on it.

Awesome thanks again :slight_smile: