Automotive profiles

I’ve been using my concept in ongoing trial and error for a bigger project I’ve been working on behind the scenes. In this study, I wanted to focus more on orthographic projections (still perspective, not true orthographic) to get a different impression of the same object I’ve been used to for the last few months in perspective projections. I’ve taken off the spoiler to bring the profile into focus. Ironically it’s a cleaner and better look for this car.

I also used this time to start learning and playing with color themes to begin to expand out from boring, standard “product shots”. Hopefully, I can expand into more dynamic and compelling renders from what I’m learning in this phase.

Thumbnail

35 Likes

your concept car looks great from profile,put other angles of the camera

2 Likes

Just to show another angle. I’ve done other angles, but this post was focused on profiles

12 Likes

looks good,i like the silouete

1 Like

thanks brother

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Absolutely an honor. Thanks Bart!

Awesome work but to my own personal taste i don’t like that type of cars! I am more of the 70 type of guy’s with the muscle cars.

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

HEY, IT’S A DODGE! :wink: lol

1 Like

Bart, total badge of honor! You made my month! :+1::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Excellent work I really like it, you should fellow the next year endurance races as they will ditch the LMP1 class for more real hypercar, just like your concept, it could give you further ideas for your next projects.

1 Like

This is a truly well thought out concept!
it is swoopy,sexy,and looks fast standing still!
love it.really great renders.

1 Like

Slick lines and curves :laughing:
The red version is sweet

1 Like

Thank you very much.

It’s funny you say that, that’s one of the many places I look for inspiration

I tend to have different levels of inspiration. I look alot on Behance, Pinterest, Formula 1 (huge fan), Le Mans…honestly wherever I can find it.

My favorite designer is Daniel Simon. I tend to draw a lot of inspiration from his work. Ironically a big part of my influence in design comes from the limitations imposed by Blender…compared to professional design software like Alias or Catia. In a big way, I’m making it intentional to use Blender in that kind of way. I know how to use the other programs, but using Blender that’s not meant for car design influences my choices in a way no other program can.

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! Honestly it was very difficult for me to pick a favorite color. The moment I thought red was my favorite, I rendered the black one and had a panic attack.

i have a question do you work on Windows Pro or Windows Home version?

I perfectly understand your trouble with blender, modeling cars is one of the hardest task you can do, I tried many time to do concepts, and I always find myself changing the general shape compared to what I’ve planed because of technical difficulties.

That’s why I always appreciate when someone try to make some concept cars, even if it’s far from perfect.

1 Like

Honestly I work on a Macbook Pro 90% of the time. I do have a Windows partition for certain software using Windows 10 Pro