Autumn on the board

I have often a long break from Blender in spring and summer, because I hate to waste a good weather by sitting by the computer, but when autumn comes, Blender is my first choice :smiley: . And I missed it badly!

Here is the model based on my very old illustration from 2004. I wanted here explore more face expressions.

I spent too much time on hair geometry nodes, just to realize they don’t react with physics, so finally I made her hair as particle system, and didn’t use a lot of wind effect anyway…
Then I wanted to animate some expressions and poses, I spent 2 weeks on it, just to realize I am too weak for this topic.
But still I had lots of fun! I hope you will like her too!

And progress renders:

I have also used very cool and free add-ons here:
Tiny Eye addon by @Tinynocky on Instagram
Geometry nodes - Eyelashes by @ffuthoni on Instagram
Fantasy Tree generator by Naqashafzal on Youtube
Big thank you to creators!

41 Likes

Nice work! GJ! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love the expressions; you’ve more talent there than you believe.

3 Likes

Nice trees. :slightly_smiling_face: Did you make them yourself, or use an addon/prebuilt?

NM. I see the note at the bottom now.

1 Like

Thank you, it was fun!

Thank you! Faces and expressions interest me from my youngest years! I am quite happy how they look, but I failed when it came to animating poses, so I even didn’t show the result :slight_smile: animation is hard!

Fantasy tree generator (geometry nodes file) is fantastic to play with! Very easy to set up.

I agree, those are great expressions – they fit the stylization of the character well. I also like the overall character design; she doesn’t look like anything else I’ve seen lately.

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

This looks really great! Great color palette, vibe, all of it!

Maybe it’s just me, but going about 10% less on facial expressions might be a good thing. Maybe it’s due to stylization or the topology, but many of those expressions seem to be just a little bit “forced”, in my opinion.

Overall great, just giving some polishing ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

So beautiful work :heart_eyes:

1 Like

such a nice feeling :smiley: Thank you!

1 Like

That’s valuable opinion! Thank you!
I love stylized stuff so also exaggeration with expressions. It is very possible that my topology is not well enough to handle it good enough. I definitely have a lot to learn in this matter.
I will keep in mind your observation with my next project!

1 Like

Happy to hear! Thank you!

Thatis a great compliment! Thank you for the comment!

1 Like

Great work, great colours

1 Like

Thank you! I have a thing for bold colours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bravo bravo!
Looks great! Like your sketch as well as the 3d model,
and I like how many facial expressions you gave her.
Thanks for sharing autumn inspiration! :leaves:

1 Like