Avatar Bust project WIP with updates

Welcome,
so, some months past and my last character sculpt is some time ago…

I started today a project to get back into character sculpting and revamping an older project. I made an avatar bust as one of the first sculpted characters and this is the how much have i progressed project since then.

Okay, its only a bust because i heard there are a lot of sculpting improvements coming to blender this year and i dont want to spend too much time on a way to heavy character when i do a full avatar character. So thats something for the future.

This project is to improve realistic skin and materials and maybe test some face expressions/ animations.

Not sure how i update images so it shows correctly in the gallery here but we will find that out.

First picture getting the form of it. My first version years back looked very square with too big eyes, so thats a thing to improve on.

Update:
First Render after adding skin details:

Started the skin details and adjusted some parts. I think i found a bug. Sculpting with multires on a high level and then adding a shapekey is slow down sculpting immense. After each stroke you have to wait half a second… EDIT: A restart has fixed it…

Finished the retopo:

— OLD —

3 Likes

Now i retopo the sculpted mesh and add the remaining details + lookalike adjustments if possible.

I think its better to just update the images in the main post but write it as an answer…

So i went through and made the skin details. It needs some work but thats the first ss test to see if the pores are deep enough or not. Looks good but needs more variety.

2 Likes