This is an environment I put together for a really short fan vfx project that I’m working on. Pretty much all of the natural rocks, cliffs, and foliage, are quixel megascans assets, but all of the architecture apart from the actual stepping stones of the stairs are things that I sculpted using some photoscanned rock brushes. Everything that isn’t a photoscan is textured using a mixture of quixel image textures that I put together inside of Blender, usually using the pointiness value to mask things around the edges or corners. The trees out in the distance are one of the low poly trees available in Blender’s built in BlenderKit Addon.

Some really simple animated shots:

Some parts aren’t as efficient as they could be, I tried to keep everything modular, but ended up turning the ground bricks into one giant dense mesh (about 800k faces), but it still renders fairly quickly (about 2 minutes per frame in cycles, at 128 samples on my RTX 2060), and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out overall, especially compared to my work up until this point. I even managed to keep the compressed project file below 500mb, so I was able to render the animations on SheepIt.

11 Likes

That’s awesome! I love the atmosphere of the lighting - really sells it!

1 Like

Thank you!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Oh wow. Thank you!!!

1 Like