Awakening

Simple scene using the most basic displacement, volume scattering, and photoshop color grading.

81 Likes

Is this also made in Blender from the Displacements used? It looks great, it definitely tells a story from the image that makes what you wanted to tell.

Nice work, Marko.

1 Like

Everything in Blender, except the color grading. Iā€™m glad you like it! Iā€™m not a story teller, but itā€™s always cool to see what people can think of :smiley:.

Very good work

1 Like

Inspiration level = infinity :wink:

1 Like

Appreciate it!

Iā€™m honored <3

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

this is so powerful!

1 Like

Youā€™re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic job!

1 Like

This is mesmerizing to look at, I feel like this could be the poster for a movie. Iā€™m already imagining the storyline! :laughing:

1 Like

Nice result for such simple technique. Is all about getting the correct mood in the end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to see a animation fly through of thisā€¦ EEVEE to the rescue :wink:

Make it happen :wink:

only critique i got, are those lighter grungy stripes going vertically. They kind intersect with the movement going on in the image. Most items go digonal, yet they go vertical down??? Not sure what im looking at.

Glad you feel that way!

Appreciate it!

1 Like

Super glad you think that!

1 Like

True, itā€™s really about that mood. Thanks!

Havenā€™t touched Eevee since it came out so Iā€™m not sure about that happening any time soon :D.

The stripes you talk about are actually highlighted edges which are created by the light hitting the displaced landscape in the background, which originally served as adding more scale to the place. Same type of spikes as the main ones from top right. I cannot unsee it because I know what it is, but I get where youā€™re coming from.