B.blend in 2.79b zip folder?

I seem to be blind. I have an unzipped version of 2.79b on my mp3-player for the library (no electricity at home) and for some dementia-stress-malnutrition-sleep deprivation-lovesickness reason I don’t find b.blend.

I want to change some settings for good. Like the awful Shift-MMB twist. Oh, and the widgets of death.

So far I load a file with a script that changes everything to normal™ but having it by default would be nice.

Where does Blender get its initial settings from?

Cheers
Haunt

I believe the initial config values are embedded in the application, at least in 2.79 and later. When you first run it, it will try to save the config files in a system default location for your user. For a portable installation, you can go into the 2.79 directory in the folder containing Blender and make a new “config” folder alongside the “python” and “scripts” etc. folders.

If the 2.79\config folder exists, then Blender will only look there to load and save its configuration, so any settings that you save will travel along with your portable installation rather than being saved to the system’s default location for storing user settings.