BAC#3 Voting Thread

It wasn’t that I was unable to come up with an idea. But, I spent far too much time trying to make an old man walk without any props that I ended up missing the deadline. Mind you, I am not putting the blame on the fact that I did not have a cane to work with, of course, I failed to manage my time so that I could work on this. In the end, I had a walkcycle but nothing else.

About the mesh discussion. I will play by the rules and not nag anybody but there is room for discussion about the last round of reasons on that sort of “you’re given a prop and a scene to work with”. Oh well, let’s not go back to that squabbling.

Next round, please! I am still wanting to win this personal chalenge against myself.

@Dipscom - what is stopping you from animating your old man with (or w/o) the cane
you don’t need to wait for the next one

I missed the 2nd challenge - but animated it anyway
I started 2 days after it closed and it was just as much fun

thanks to everyone for participating, and thanks to those that pushed me to the winner’s position. Hope more people join the next challenge. I’m looking forward to enjoy the next round.

blenderguy2008

@Dipscom: As Waylow gently suggested…why don’t you go ahead and make the animation with the cane and post it in “Animations”, show us what you had under the table!..I agreed that the base file should be the only resource to use, so everyone is exactly at he same level.

Attachments

@Blenderguy: Man, that’s one scary picture you got there…

Yes, it’s a very good sugestion, waylow. I was stopped from participating this time more on the grounds of time manageament, rather than, cane or no cane. But, your sugestion makes a lot of sense as I really want to keep practicing. All I need now is to cram one more TO DO in my list…

I will try and make it, because it will be good, just like you guys said. I am just not sure when I will be able to make it.

Hi everyone. I have been thinking to change the rig for the next Blender Animation Challenge ( #4). However I would rather leave this to the community. Please choose between “PANTIN” ( the one currently being used) and the new Candidate “LUKE”. Luke’s Armature is based on Tony’s Mullen book " Introduction to Character Animation with Blender", when he created “Captain Blender”, plus some modifications. In case Luke is selected and someone wants to get involved reviewing the rig before releasing it, then let me know.

here is the link to the Screenshot:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1377517#post1377517

Thanks

blenderguy2008

Kiopaa, how do you implement footroll.py in your Pantin.blend? I am new in 2.5, and the old way to use in 2.49 doesn’t work in this version.

Can you explain it to me or tell me where to learn? (I was googling “footroll.py” and I didn’r find anything)

Thanks.

HI Mario Mey,
I don’t know if the old script footroll.py works with 2.5.
You can download Pantin for 2.5 from my signature (right clic and ‘save as…’) and see how thinks work now. There are two drivers attached to the bones ‘footroll.L/R’, LocX and LocZ are driven by the rotation of the bone. You just have to copy the two formulas from the driver’s window to a new rig.

Tell me if you understand.