BagaPie Addon

This is really an excellent addon. Thank you for making it available to everyone. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

@AntoineBagattini I’m strongly thinking about buying your addon. I want to use it for archviz mainly.
As I’m pretty much clueless on the technical side of addons - I’m using Archipack Pro, which I don’t fully comprehend yet, but I think it’s a great tool. Will Bagapie mix with it? Somehow?

Most of all: can I create slanted walls and put windows in without manually cutting the mesh? Most projets I get atm are about addiing levels and building up flattened roofs to put in another apartment/penthouse, and all those require to operate at 45 degree inclined walls. I can use Archipack walls + Windows and slant them in edit mode, reposition & rotate windows manually, but whenever I change Archipack parameters, I’m losing my edits, since it’s not meant to do that. Is this possiblle to achieve with Bagapie?

Also, most of those old houses have a rounded corner, and using a primitive curve splits the walls into many segments, also the straight elements. Is there a toolset in BagaPie for that?

Hi !

Could the Array automatically hide the original object?

It could be frustrating if the user wants to modify the original object. With the 3.0 coming, the problem could be solved (we can be able to directly instantiate a geometry).

A ‘link x and y values’ on the grid array would be useful

Yes, good idea. A small icon to check may be nice.

With random position on a circular array, ‘Align to Center’ per axis would be really useful to me. So you could have it align to center on Z, but when adding random location on the Z the cubes wouldn’t tilt up and down…

Yes, it is a small issue. I’ve to try to solve it (I don’t want to have too many of nodes in the node tree).

Thanks for feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks ! I’ll fix this.

Hi,

Will Bagapie mix with it? Somehow?

Not planned. But if the creator of Archipack want to make a tool to convert BagaPie wall to Archipack wall, that can be cool.

slanted walls

Not now :confused:

I want to use it for archviz mainly.

I also work in archviz. This addon was originally created for my workflow. The tools for architecture are the ones that I would like to develop the most. PS: interior architecture, presets and furniture don’t interest me, especially since there are PyClone and Archipack which are very good for that.

Also, most of those old houses have a rounded corner, and using a primitive curve splits the walls into many segments, also the straight elements. Is there a toolset in BagaPie for that?

Not really. The Wall tool is extremely basic.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am working on new basic node presets for bagapie.

To test: array spiral / spherical, column / door for architecture, raycast preset, Point instance raycast, …

Any suggestions?

Ex : Mirror with sub
Mirror bisec

If you want to play with the file : (only in Blender 3.0)
Symetry_for_BagaPie_Blender3.0.blend (1017.9 KB)

3 Likes

So i’m using the latest Blender Alpha and BagaPie Version and i get this error

whenever i try to use one of the array option. I guess that is because of Blender 3.0 or is it something else?

Same for me.
Under 3.0 nothing works.

Yes, it’s normal.
The current version of BagaPie only works in Blender 2.93.

3.0 has a lot of changes. I am waiting for the Beta or for blender 3.0 to be in bcon2.

4 Likes

Sad but understandable. Have a great day good sir. :wink:

2 Likes

Very cool addon! Thanks
I just found a problem when I have curve basher installed, J doesn’t work, I have to deactivate the curve basher addon.

What if ?..

WHATIF_Strew

10 Likes

I saw this: https://github.com/3dninjas/3dn-bip

Implemented in textools and the previews load much faster, I don’t know how easy would be to add this but it might help.

9 Likes

WOW ! Thanks !

This is exactly what I was looking for !

I love the blender community so much x)

3 Likes

is this going to be free or pait?
ps: loving the addon

1 Like

For the moment, it is a custom version of the addon for me and my collaborators.

BagaPie is and will remain free, but not these assets.

The assets we see will be in another addon made in collaboration with a developer. Ultimately, these two addons should have a link (BagaPie will remain free and independent, but it will work like a shortcut).

I would like to add some default assets to BagaPie.

3 Likes

Sorry if this was tackle before, but what if the addon has the folder structure ready so we can add our own assets to it?

Yes, it could be possible.

For the moment this prototype only works with a specific blend file.

Currently, to add assets, you have to do some small manipulation (thumbernails, naming, …). I would love to do a simple “Add asset” button (unrelated to the Asset Browser because it does not create a blend file yet).

So I must first modify my script to be able to manage several blend files, then I create an operator to save an asset.

4 Likes

hello, i have a request.
to layer geo scatering so you can use difrent textures for difrent grass tipes for exsaple

Yes, the current system is bad.

It is planned to redo the scattering system but it will take time.
Eventually, each layer should have the same options as the current Scatter and they should be paintable.

1 Like