Baja Buggy Ride

Hi Everyone.
Today I’m sharing my most recent, fully finished Blender vehicle model. This is the car model I enjoyed working on the most out of all the ones I’ve recently created. I used online resources to build the automobile. For the buggy, I created a straightforward suspension mechanism mostly for animation needs. I conducted some studies and discovered many suspension systems from web videos and photographs. I enjoyed the research and learning how the suspension of cars works. With this knowledge, I was able to create something functional.
For rapid animations, I created a straightforward rig utilizing empty and constraints.
I’ve used this model to create a couple of animations, and I’m happy with how they turned out. This time, I chose not to texture using Substance 3D Painter. The texturing and automobile paint is all procedural. Hopefully, in the future, I’ll do detailed texturing in substance 3d painter. I’m glad to finally share a small project on this platform before the year runs out.

Below are some renders in small environments I modeled for short animations.

Front of Baja

Back view of Baja

Baja top view

Some shots from animations I made using the Baja in environments I made.

Baja in an ice environment.

A Shot from a race animation I made

A brief demonstration of the rig built with empties controlled with the use of constraints.
The suspension is rigged with an empty and the engine belt and pulley system are also rigged with a box empty for easy rotation.

wireframe of Baja

5 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks so much @bartv

1 Like