BakeTool 2.5 Released for Blender 3.0!

I am using BakeTool 2.0 on a 5K iMac with Blender 2.8. In the UV Editor Workspace the progress indicator is partially off-screen in the upper left corner and cannot be “grabbed” and moved. I need to rescale the entire Blender window to be smaller and then the indicator comes into full view. I then have to move the indicator and re-scale the Blender window. The new position is NOT retained after I quit Blender and re-start.

1 Like

Awesome - how does this work? Is this running a blur in post? Or is it baking a 4k and then scaling it down to 2k after the fact?

Hate having to bake 4k maps to get a decent 2k normal.

Is there an option to save the unwrapped UV to save time on consecutive bakes (no generating UVs)?
Thanks

Hello @vitorbalbio
I have a problem with lattest 2.0 baketool
tableware-loft_test_pack.blend (1.5 MB)
This is my scene of 5 object pairs

Bake tool don’t bake anything)
Please help me)
And some small issues.
Can you add support for relative bake path?
And add blender unit’s support for bias and distance (it’s dont changes for cm and mm)

Thank you

I too am having issues with version 2.0 of BakeTool. I can’t get it to bake out a good normal map. I have tried as many settings as I can think of but the normal map it bakes out is washed out and does not work with external render engines (in this case I’m using Octane). Surprisingly the washed out normal map works with Cycles, but still has some issues.

I tried to bake with CPU and GPU (I7 5820K and RTX 2070) but no difference, I also changed the Normal Type but again no difference. For my test I’m just using a simple rounded cube and baking a procedural image maps applied to it, also the cube has a UV map. I am not trying to bake from high poly to low poly.

Here is the result I’m getting…

I then ran the bake manually and it came out good…

Either I’m setting something up wrong or there is a bug in BakeTool. Thanks,

Jason

Edited to add that I’m running Blender v.2.81a

Try to save your baketool’s normal map in exr and then convert them to png (in gimp for example)
But your result is not bad. For me bake tool dont bake anything)

Thanks, I will give that a try. Unfortunately I don’t have any advice for you as I can get something out of it. I always have in the back of my mind that there might be a conflict with some other plugin that is causing the problem. Maybe that is your issue? Have you also tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin?

Can BakeTool bake passes to mulitple UV sets? For instance, I want albedo to be baked to uvSet1 and shadows to be baked to uvSet2?

1 Like

Hello. Is baketool able to bake a model with decals from decal machine? Can it bake displacement maps?
Thank you.

@vitorbalbio

I’m writing an api/script that runs photoscanned meshes through a remesher, unwrap, packer, and bake through blender, I noticed that BakeTool has an automatic unwrapper listed as a feature. Does this unwrapper ensure non overlapped islands without holes in them so high margins can be used? Smart UV project has a bad habit of both of these things and I can’t visually confirm the uvs in this script.

Now in 2.82 BakeTool doesn’t bake anything for me too. :frowning: When I run the bake all I get is these errors…

AttributeError: ‘GUIGraph’ object has no attribute ‘graphTable’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/jason/.config/blender/2.82/scripts/addons/baketool/guic.py”, line 123, in drawGUI
guiObject.draw()
File “/home/jason/.config/blender/2.82/scripts/addons/baketool/guic_graph.py”, line 99, in draw
blf.position(self.graphTable, x, y, 0)
File “/home/jason/.config/blender/2.82/scripts/addons/baketool/guic.py”, line 123, in drawGUI
guiObject.draw()
File “/home/jason/.config/blender/2.82/scripts/addons/baketool/guic_graph.py”, line 99, in draw
guiObject.draw()

Hi Guys.
Please contact us in Blendermarket. We have a great support channel there for customers.

Thanks vitorbalbio, will do. :slight_smile:

I use textools, it’s much better

Quite sad to see that devs don’t take baking displacement seriously! I still rely have to rely on Xnormal and substance designer for this.

Also a lot of power from procedurals could be unlock with proper baking.

We are proud to announce that Baketool 2.1 version is released for Blender 2.8.

This is the highlights:

• Added new Advanced Bake Map: IDMap. It uses the Material “Pass Index” value as reference for the color assign and work across objects using Atlas Mode
  • Added new AA option for baking. This is a “Super Sampling AA” so the texture will be baked larger by this factor and will be resized to the set resolution.
  • Added Support to relative path
  • Margin Pass Option is exposed in the Baketool profile
  • Fixed bugs in Enable/Disabled Jobs in Atlas and Individual modes (Thanks vinc3r)
  • Fixed bug using Advanced Bake Maps in Atlas mode with more than one object

for doubts or suggestions please contact us in blendermarket support inbox system
Bye! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the new version, I was able to enable it and test. I’m still having issues with the normal map baking, but I will put in another issue on Blender Market.

Jason

Hi,
I’m trying to bake a model for web and wanted to suggest a view things that would improve the bake tool.

1. Add AI Image Denoising
    This would reduce bake times a lot. Ether you could use the Blender Internal Denoise Node (maybe let it run over the outcome image) or use Odin / Optix like Alex does it in it’s Lightmapper
    https://github.com/Naxela/The_Lightmapper

2. Assign Bake images to material
    I can’t find a way to replace/add my baked images in the material with the baked ones without doing it manually. I know there is an option to create an eevee scene that works only in individual mode and creates new materials that get somehow applied to the mesh. I haven’t looked at the code but the org. materials are kept on the object but the viewport shows the baked ones. Didn’t figure out how to revert this thou and get back my org. materials to be displayed. Maybe someone can explain that to me, looks like in ancient blender internal where you could set a texture in the uv image editor and it was displayed on the mesh.

Anyway I would like the have an option to add the baked texture atlas to all my materials and maybe auto plug it into a custom node.

1. Generate Packed UV Maps
    Currently, to get a good atlas bake, I duplicate all my default uv maps (that I unwrapped by hand) and then go into edit mode of all objects, select all uv’s and let the uv packmaster run trough them. That way I get a nice atlas that is not based on smart uv project.

I wrote a little addon that lets you bake ao and generate that uv’s maps for you (currently it only works if you have just one uv set on every object that will be duplicated)

Anyway… It would be nice to have that functionality inside bake tool. Something link, clone my current uv and pack it as an atlas.

Hi LdelMar
Thanks for your suggestions!

1. Add AI Image Denoising
    We’re studying the best way to implement it soon. Probably based on composite OIDN

2)Assign Bake images to material
Check the experimental “Create Eevee Scene”. We are reworking it to a full PBR end result

1. We have a atlas pack solution as well (based on the blender’s pack island function). Check the “Atlas” bake mode and the “Generate Atlas UV” setting. I agree that UVPackmaster addon is quite superior than blender’s pack island, unfortunately it’s not open source and we can’t add in our system.

When I switch from individual to atlas the “create eevee scene” option disapears. Keeping individual result in having tons of baked images. Also in the newly created materials I loose all my principles shaders so I can’t use it for glb export as I wanted.

Packing Islands in blender often doesn’t work. Maybe you could include using the uv packmaster as an option for those who bought it. You can simply check if the addon exists an use the pack operator. But thats just a suggestion and you would properly need to clarify that with them