Baking diffuse problem

hi i wanna bake this orc high poly to low poly but there is a issue. i make this character with udemy course. teacher using blender 2.82 and im using blender 3.2. at course selected to active section has one parameter and mine have two. how im gonna setup this situtation.

Maybe the best way to help here would be to explain what the settings do.

When Blender bakes between 2 models, what happens is that each face of the low-poly model looks towards its interior side and sees the part of the high-poly model that’s aligned with it. But there is a problem: some parts of the high-poly model stick out and won’t be seen by the low-poly, because it only looks towards its inside. That’s where the “extrusion” setting comes in: it will temporarily inflate the low-poly model during the bake so it fully surrounds the high-poly and doesn’t miss any part.

So, you should increase the extrusion setting until the bake just catches the highest peaks of the high-poly model.

Then, there is the max ray distance. When the polygons look for the high-poly model, they will only search for a limited distance. In your case, you have 2 very similar models and every face of the low-poly model should be able to find an equivalent area on the high-poly, so you can probably set this setting to 0 (to deactivate it and make the distance infinite).

So, try setting max ray distance to 0 and then increase extrusion until you catch every part of the model in the texture.

1 Like