Baking Particle animation changes size of the particles

hi, guys. I finished a scene and am trying to do the bakes so I can send it to a renderfarm, but I found that whenever I try to bake one of the particle systems, once it’s done baking, it changes the size to something a lot bigger than originally.

This is really frustrating, especially since I have a particle system for a crowd animation and a particle system for grass, and I need both of them baked to continue the work and send it to the renderfarm, but wihout them baked, the costs of the render wouyld be through the roog. My PC currently takes 20-30 minutes of preparation of a render before actually starting to render, so sending it in the condition is a big no-no. However, the fact that the bake affects the size of the aprticvles considerably does not help matters. Any help, please?

What more should I add in terms of information? I should also note that the video card is very old atm, so I’m counting mostly on the rest of the equipment, which is a Ryzen 9 5900X and 64 GB RAM. Video card is an old GTX660, will change it once prices drop. Renders are done purely on the Ryzen 9 using Cycles, so rendering is not affected by the graphics card.