Baking Texture low quality

Hello,

I’ve been trying to solve this problem for several days, but I can’t figure it out.
My problem is simple: baking texture lower the quality of my model (overall the normal map!).

I created 8K images, but the problem remains. What else can I do?

this is the original color map

this is the 8K baked version

original color map + normal map

baked8K color map + normal map

Thank you in advance!

Are your settings correct?

Under bake type, you have to separately bake the diffuse(for color) and normal (for bumps). If you tried using combined, it might not have worked as well.

It’s like the difference between the vector and the bitmap
The original is a node with a vector, and the baked image is a bitmap.
There is a difference between the two.

You have to bake a normal map for a normal map.

I did two different baking for diffuse map and normal map. I really don’t understand where the problem is.

Here the setting I chose to bake the normal map:

Here the original shading

and here the shading with the baked maps

Here the results of the baking:

The problem is that the noise texture you use in the original has an infinite level of detail (it’s a procedural texture, made with maths), and the normal map won’t be able to fully capture it no matter the resolution you use.

If you want to bake this effect, you will need to use 2 normal maps: one for the bricks and a seamless noise normal map for the fine detail that repeats across the object.

I’m very noob with baking, sorry. How can I bake a seamless noise normal Map?
And another question is: why my baked color map is not perfect? It’s a bit blurry than the original one.

Thank you

Same problem as the noise. The “brick” texture is made with maths, so it has infinite resolution. When you transform it into pixels, there is going to be some loss, there’s no way around it. But sometimes, it’s necessary, like if you want to export the texture to an other software, or to improve render performance on a heavy material.

If you want to make a seamless normal map, you need to have a seamless surface to bake first. A method that can be used is sculpting seamless textures

That way, you can make a relatively small square of texture and repeat it to get more resolution.