Ball Pen (draw in 3d space)

Ball Pen is a small experimental tool. It let you draw by adding spheres or rectangle tubes, for creating quick concept mesh or help sculpting. :slightly_smiling_face:

• Fast, it does not change anything, just add mesh quick
  • After drawing, just remesh it
  • Draw freely on any angle (depth is determined by view plane)
  • Move and rotate after stroke
  • Undo

It is very easy to use and fun :grin:

Please see the video on my gumroad for more detail. :relieved:

3 Likes

After creating base mesh by Ball Pen, you can go to sculpt mode and voxel remesh, then sculpt it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Interesting concept, man! Will definitely check it out. Good luck with further development. It seems this one has quite the potential. : )

1 Like

Thank you! :innocent:

Definitely interesting. I’d like to buy it, but I’m only using a Wacom pen, and I see a lot of mouse controls, including the wheel, in the description. Are there also alternative controls for pen users?

For example, maybe you could add the option to hold a key like Control and then drag your pen to adjust the ball size?

1 Like

As I said before. You are on the right track. Keep up the good work. :+1:

2 Likes

i see. I will try to add this option!

2 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I added this feature to update 1.2.1 ! :slightly_smiling_face:
Now you can hold down C key, then move cursor Left - Right to change size

2 Likes

Totally this Ball Pen addon, simple to use, allows creative exploration beyond the normal “sculpt” or “skin modifier”, it’s almost voxel VR ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought it, look cool :slight_smile:

Is there a way to change the “Brush” size when you drawing at same time to bring variance in stroke ?

1 Like

I didn’t think about it yet :sweat_smile:

it’s cool to make horns :wink:

1 Like

It should be possible to combine this with pressure of graphics tablets. Sketch3d did this ,too.

Thanks & keep up the good work :hugs:

1 Like

I don’t know how to obtain the pressure value from API yet, but I will check it out later. :thinking:

1 Like

You are welcome !

I found the pen pressure code, and add it to the latest update !

1 Like

LOL… as i said before: you are really fast. Thank you. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Version Update 1.3.0 :slightly_smiling_face:

• Now you can change brush size during drawing ! Just scroll the mouse wheel when you draw. The brush size will be changed temporary.
  • (experimental) added tablet pen pressure support

5 Likes