Balloon Head

That’s a good question. In fact, I did both :smiley: First i did the AO bake. Then hand-painted colors in blender paint mode. Then also in paint mode i made texture form pictures. Finally have combined all the textures in photoshop.

Along the way there were a lot corrections. I jumped between photoshop and blender.

Someone rated my work at five stars :eek: It’s mean a lot for me. Thank you very much.

Ahhh I see! Thanks for telling me! :slight_smile: well, I’m actually not supprised someone rated it 5*, in fact, I’m expecting to see it in the feature row :smiley: It’s a great piece of work, I wish I was as good as you!

Thanks you. But i don’t think this will happen. No worries, next work in progress :smiley:

Haha! It got to the feature row!!! :smiley: Congratulations! :smiley:

Congratulations Man! Great render and also great idea! One question, why did you opted for render internal instead of cycles?
Cheers!

On my old machine i care more about speed. And sss in cycle is way too slow for me.

Perfect work and beautiful concept :slight_smile:

well deserved top row!

I’d love to see a timelapse as you mentioned, I find them incredibly valuable as a learning resource.

Thanks for the your kind words :o
I will try to make this timelapse video. It’s a lot GB :rolleyes: so it will take some time. It may take a few days. But i will make it. Follow the thread, because I probably throw a link here.

Very nice Gunmen!! the concept is very funny :slight_smile:

Love this render! Congrats on the feature row

Awesome work! Loving the soft, pastel colours and the clean composition.

Does anyone else see a resemblance to Ray’s dad in Everybody Loves Raymond?

Thanks: D as I typed it in google and actually I see the resemblance.

Timelapse almost ready. Just I haven’t had time in this week to finally submit and upload this video.

yes, please post the box-modeling time-lapse! that’s how i originally learned how to model characters and would love to see your workflow. great work!

I made an account just to post here. This is a great image.

However, if anyone reads manga by Junji Ito, you’ll easily be reminded of The Hanging Balloons. I was expecting a dead corpse hanging from that balloon head…

WOW! Thanks man :eek:

Timelapse video is ready. You can find it at this link: http://youtu.be/oZW4ryBoKEU

It is short and fairly quick. Therefore, for those who want to watch them carefully I will upload 5 hour version on my server. Link will appear on my blog (blendsoul) as soon as I will send these 4GB on my server :spin:

5 hour version: balloon_head_timelapse2x.7z (3,6GB)

I was going to say post the timelapse, but I see that you did. Thanks!

Could you please post a screen shot of the skin shader setup too?

This is a fun and original piece. Thanks for sharing.

This is a really outstanding image :slight_smile: