Baltic ocean (+short guide)

Hi,

Here’s an image I’ve been working for a couple of days.
It’s done with the internal renderer. Lots and lots of transparent weed particles…result in many hours of render time :S
Fog, color stuffs etc done in compositor.

Software used: Blender 2.63, GIMP.

-Zagupi

Also, I made a kinda very broad description on the compositing side of this image, which is behind the link below, if you’re interested. Seems that it’s bigger than the maximum allowed size for attached images, so I put it like that.

Wow that looks just amazing - I am trying to do underwater scenes since a while, but all my results look pathetic. Yours is a masterpiece!

WOW! I almost feel like suggesting this to the gallery. Nice job!

I mean, very close to reality scene…Nice colours…

Nice! You’re the guy who won the Blenderguru underwater scene competition right?

awesome, the lighting looks and awesome and so does the colour sceme

Nice! Very atmospheric. I could imagine a swamp monster popping out at me. Just nitpicking but i think you should make it darker as you move into the distance. But you might have been going for that look so it’s up to you. :slight_smile:

great colors!

Thanks all. Yeah…I’m the blenderguru competition guy.
I need to work on my composition…I’d want to produce nice pictures, not just nice renders. I’m so rendering-oriented that other stuff that makes a picture good, gets neglected on my part.

You’re really hooked to water, huh? :smiley:

Anyway, I agree on your own observation. The image doesn’t really have a point of interest or subject at all. Maybe an old anchor somewhere or something in the extreme foreground and a clearer silhouette in the background could balance it a bit.

Might there be a chance that you could give a few tips how to create such a realistic underwater scene?

really nice

Yeah. I made a short description of the comp stuff and put it into the first post! I hope it’s somewhat useful.

very nice work!

but something is missing…
what about some shoe…

That color scheme is just beautiful. Oh dear, here I go to ditch all other projects and try to make something like it. =D

wow!! The colours are perfect. And thanks for the composition overview, can be helpful!

Wow great, thank you very much! This is very helpful to me :slight_smile:

great work!
And thank you for the short guide.:stuck_out_tongue: