Bas-Relief Tutorials

Greetings,

I am new to using blender, from all the videos I’ve watched its an awesome program and I’m really looking forward to using it…I’m interested in blender for variety of applications but my primary use will be for bas-relief artwork… for reproduction antique signs…

I have scoured YouTube for all the tutorials I can find on Bas- Relief there doesn’t seem to be anyone video that covers it comprehensively in an instructional way.

There are a series of videos done by Y. I. Ezhov https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfS5n5rrHPI he is absolutely phenomenal but I can’t see how he does it because his videos are all time lapse…

I would like to ask if anyone knows if there are any comprehensive instructional videos out there specifically for Bas - Relief applications… I’ve gotten to the point where I can import an image in as an image plane and I can use the basic sculpting tools… l however learning how to use them efficiently is another issue.

I’m looking at using Vectric Aspire and it’s a great program but the sculpting tools for organic applications are lacking in some respects…based on the tutorials that I have seen…

Any assistance would be appreciated …

Regards,

Ed Zacly

1 Like

Big mistake mate, dont look for something so specific.

Good example, if you want to learn how to model a bugatti veiron, dont search “how to model a bugatti veiron”, instead, you should search for “car modelling techniques” etc.

What you want to learn is sculpting, and anatomy. beware, this will take you upwards of a year to master, have a look at this thread:

it takes a long time to master human anatomy, so dont let this demotivate you.

So do some research on “human anatomy” and “blender sculpting fundamentals”

1 Like