First post here.
This is my first completed scene in Blender, rendered in cycles, and did some minor postprocessing in GIMP. Goal was to get close to the photo below.
It took an hour to render in 1080p (300 samples) because I wanted to keep the lighting exactly as in the real scene. (If I enable some extra (point) lights the noise drops dramatically). I think the remaining noise adds to the realism.
Not everything is 100% replica of the photo. The idea was to be similar enough so that it looks real. If something was close enough and just required time but not additional knowledge (e.g. realigning a texture) I skipped it, so textures are not exact and the cables don’t have the same paths.
I can still fix and tweak lots of things to make it closer to the real one but I think that I learnt whatever it was to learn from this scene and improving it any more is pointless.
I’d like your comments.