Bat robot

Hi

I’m working on a bat robot.

I haven’t finish the foot
I look forward to your views

cu
Damien

1 Like

Your work is look great so far, Damien! The edges and contours of the model look great, I especially like the head.
The materials are also well done, I appreciate the mix of rough and smooth parts. The lighting works well to show off these materials as well.

How did you accomplish the skin of the wings? Is it an alpha map? It is hard for me to tell if it is a mesh or a solid surface with the current background.

I’m looking forward to seeing the finished model!

Damn… this looks really nice…Is this BI or cycles?

Hi James
Thank you.
You see right, the texture of the wings are carbon fiber so is really rigid. Is not a alpha map.
I will search a new texture to the skin of the wings to make them like tissue. Because my model will be rigged too.

Hi harleynut97
Thank you too
This Blender cycles render

Nice work!

Thanks Safetyman

With feet

cu

Carbon fiber, of course! Part of me thought that’s what it was, but just couldn’t get it through to my very slow conscious brain!

Good work on the feet! That is something I always have trouble with envisioning, but I think they are very appropriate for this model! I like the swept back pieces extending off the feet and calves as well.

I can see a couple other areas where it looks like you made changes. Do you have anything else you want to change, or do you feel happy with the model as it is now? Either way, it looks GREAT!

I cannot believe you dropped the ball on calling this thing BatBot! That said it’s spectacular!

Totally awesome! Wish I could work on my Turtle Mecha so it can look like that.

Hi

@ James Candy
Carbon fiber can be flexible without coat so i stay that like this.
Thank you for the feet.

@ Shipwreck
Not really a bat of course.
Thanks.

@XeroShadow
Thanks

So another render with wings knuckle

cu

It’s really cool, but I can’t get a handle on the scale. If it’s the size of a person then the CF weave would be way too large, but if it’s the size of a bat the CF weave around the eyes would prob be super tiny.